Gremlins - All Comers List and some Q's

DireTrollJake

Gremlins gremlins gremlins...the first box I bought for Malifaux, and have traded them away twice, and gotten them back. Looks like they are here to stay, as I have tried so many other masters, looking for more power, less killing eachother, and...well better crews. Yet, nothing else feels right, nor do I really win much with anything else.

I havn't had a chance to play with much new stuff, outside Ophelia's box, but I am looking for a solid 40 pt all comers list. Here's what I own:

Teeth

4 Skeeters

Ophelia

Rami

Raphael

Pere

Francois

6 Bayou Gremlins

2 Hog Whisperers (1 Gremlinette)

2 Slop Haulers

4 Piglets

2 Warpigs

I do have 4 Young Lacroix on their way, when my Gencon order finally ships, and don't mind proxying while waiting.

First, the questions:

1) Does anyone ever use warpigs? I seem to read alot of people saying they aren't worth the points, yet to me they seem super cheap compared to most heavy hitters.

2) Has anyone ever ran TWO warpigs at once, say with a list tailored with Slop Haulers and Whisperers to max their usage?

3) What is everyone's feelings on the taxidermist? Being the one thing I've yet to get (of current releases), they seem...entertaining, but not exactly game breaking. Which, is great, cuz I aim to enjoy my game, and my losses (to myself via gremlin shenanigans) are typically some of my favorite games!)

Lastly, here is the list I think I will try out as the "All Comers"

Outcasts Crew - 40 - Scrap

Som'er Teeth Jones
--
6 Cache

2 Giant Mosquitos [4ss]

Ophelia Lacroix
[8ss]

1 Young Lacroix [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Rami Lacroix
    [6ss]

• Slop Hauler
    [4ss]

Not sure of the worth of the 2 piglets, vs 2 more stones and 2 more Bayou's, or 3 Bayou's. Any input would be great!

First off, get a pack of Rats. Instead of taking four Skeeters right away, take two and two Rats. Use the Skeeters Larvae action on the rats to make another Skeeter AND in the process, heal all Vermin (ie Skeeters) within two inches two wounds. Helps counteract Hungry.

As for Piglets, I'm not sold at all on the fellows. They're not significant (they'd be ace if they were) and their damage isn't much better than a Gremlins. I'd take more Gremlins.

I find I generally don't use more than one Warpig. They're not that good in combat for how many points they are. I generally use him as an objective/treasure grabber.

Taxidermist is handy purely just to take Stuffed Pigs.

At 40 stones, I'd be looking at something like this:

Som'er

2 Mosquitos

Ophelia

Young Lacroix

Rami

Pere Ravage

2 Malifaux Rats

4 Bayou Gremlins

3 SS in cache

Season to taste. Note that this is not an "all comers" list in that it will fail hard when it comes to Hamelin. And WP tests will suck, but that's what happens when you play the little green guys.

At 40, I'd rather take Ophelia so I can get more bodies in. Gremlin lists need to out activate the enemy. Also, that one list had no Slop Haulers in it!

Also, I don't see why you'd take a Young LaCroix when hiring Ophelia in a Somer crew. Almost be worth getting a normal Gremlin for the extra range.

Thought I had better post an all comers 40ss Ophelia list ...

Ophelia LaCroix - 5ss Cache

3 Young LaCroix - 6ss

2 Slop Haulers - 8ss

Rami LaCroix - 6ss

Pere Ravage - 5ss

8 Bayou Gremlins - 16ss

Edited by Dumb Luck

That just seems wrong lol. But I may hafta give it a whirl...next Tuesday is the last round of our 3 week league thingy (like a 3 round tourney over 3 weeks) and I have a losing streak while learning Levi...time to go out with a bang!

Why Ophelia over sommer at 40? I love Sommer, mainly for Gremlins Luck and now the Slop Haulers to heal.

It seems wrong? Why thank you. =)

Honestly? Partially personal perference (Ophelia is a stronger master than Somer, mainly down to negating Whoops and having a full control hand) but mainly because I feel Somer needs to tailor his list to the mission and the crew you're going against. He's less suited to taking a single list and using that in every game. Which is a benefit, as far as I see it. That Ophelia list I chucked up is pretty much (save Gremlin to Kin ratio) the only Ophelia list (ie. guns).

Oh and if you want to be reaaally dirty Godspeed, remove 4 points and shove in a Pigapult.

I don't know how many of you all have book 3...but it sure does seem like Som'er's avatar kicks ass...especially for an all comers kinda list. I mean, hell, I'd even use him with my Lacroix's just for the buffs, and something big to tank / distract my opponent from the big, shooty kin gunline waiting to blow them to itty bitty pieces.

I don't know how many of you all have book 3...but it sure does seem like Som'er's avatar kicks ass...especially for an all comers kinda list. I mean, hell, I'd even use him with my Lacroix's just for the buffs, and something big to tank / distract my opponent from the big, shooty kin gunline waiting to blow them to itty bitty pieces.

I get my book tomorrow but from the spoilers, I really like him. I just feel he would be best in a list tailored around pigs, so you have hog whisperers for reactivation and such.

I get my book tomorrow but from the spoilers, I really like him. I just feel he would be best in a list tailored around pigs, so you have hog whisperers for reactivation and such.

He really only has like 3 abilities that deal with pigs, the rest are general buffs or gremlins buffs. He will likely be beat in a standard gremlins list, but he had plenty of synergy across the board....should be pretty awesome for all varieties of lists.

The main reason he seems to fit better in a pig list then an all gremlin list is the support models that make him really brutal because he becomes a Pig model (Hog Whisperers aren't exactly cheap, especially if you are only bringing him to buff A-Somer)

The main reason he seems to fit better in a pig list then an all gremlin list is the support models that make him really brutal because he becomes a Pig model (Hog Whisperers aren't exactly cheap, especially if you are only bringing him to buff A-Somer)

Exactly.

But after reading my book today (YAY DELIVER!) I can see 2 pts being worth the updgrade. He gains some armor, immunity to blasts, can pop out pigs and gremlins quite easily, and gives them hard to kill, heals them, and lets them ignore reckless!

I prefer to get more utility out of a 5 SS model then just being a caddy for Somer, hence the reason I think he is better suited to a pig heavy list that will benefit a lot more from the inclusion of the Hog Whisperer and Taxedermist Models.

Also if you want to still utilize Sooey after manifestation there is a much better way available already... he is one of only two Avatars that can keep their Totems afterall.