disappointed

(Keenan)

I confess myself to be a little disappointed. I got my Seamus avatar the other day and finally had a chance to open it up and look. I was disappointed by two things. Firstly it's resin. Not a fan of resin or plastic models. Plastic looks too cheap and resin, well resin is the second reason I'm disappointed as well. Resin pits. Sure enough there are pits in a few places on my otherwise beautiful model. And what I consider severe pitting in one area.

So I have a question for those who work with resin more than I do. What do I do with it? Fill it with green stuff? Ask for a replacement? Live with it?

Any help would be appreciated.

for some minor pits, gaps and whatnot a dab of superglue and then a file can do wonders, bigger areas greenstuff/ brownstuff/ milliput/ whatever you use will do the job, with resin normally it helps to clean it off with some soapy water, and a nice thin coat of varnish before you bang on your primer, as some resins (not came across any of wyrds so far) use a mould release agent which also prevents paint from sticking.

If the issue is beyond repair or a good weeks work or so I would be tempetd to ask for another...

Maybe a picture would help us to give you some more advice?

If it's really bad I'd send it back tbh.

Resin is one of those things that some companies are just bad at making. If you compare Spartan Games' resins (amazing, very little flash or defects) to other companies' (lolworkshop, forge world, more) you see such a difference in quality it's ridiculous.

I only have Snowstorm from Wyrd and it was fine.

@ stern and ratty: I'll post pics as soon as I get to my computer tonight. It's a little frustrating doing so from the phone.

@ fenrir: cost $30

@ calmdown: I honestly don't have much reference to say if it's bad or not. To me it is but that's because I prefer metal.

@ sephiroa: I'm hold no negative feelings toward wyrd for the pitting if casting models was easy I'd do it myself. Things happen. The only thing I'm disappointed at wyrd for is the fact that it's resin in the first place but you work with what you have not what you wish you had.

@ sephiroa: I'm hold no negative feelings toward wyrd for the pitting if casting models was easy I'd do it myself. Things happen. The only thing I'm disappointed at wyrd for is the fact that it's resin in the first place but you work with what you have not what you wish you had.

i think that Wyrd will sometimes use resin when metal will be a little big to heavy or to expensive to do.

and you indeed work with what you have :) resin isn't a bad material, sometimes annoying to glue. i like metal, but i also like resin.

try to make the best of your model ;)