Green Dreamer - literaly

Garbin

Hello guys, I'm not a regular Malifaux player, but have some Malifaux experience (and lots of non-Malifaux exp too) and led my Ophelia crew to couple of victories. I really like Dreamer play style but didn't field him yet. I wanted your opinion on list I'm looking at as I aim to convert all models and wouldn't like to spend time on models I'll never use.

Couple of things to consider - I don't like Alps. Models are ugly and whole idea of Alp bomb doesn't really appeal to me. I also don't want to paint another crew with 15+ models in it. :)

Every model (except for LCB) will get a gremlin twist as I love green boys and idea of LCB "invading" little gremlin dreams is hilarious.

So the list is:

Green Dreamer & Lord Chompy Bits (*8ss)

* Daydream (2ss)

* Daydream (2ss)

* Daydream (2ss)

Stitched Together (5ss)

Stitched Together (5ss)

Lelu (7ss)

Lelu (7ss)

Lilitu (7ss)

Lelu & Lilitu (or rather Lil'u & Lil'too) will consist of 2 gremlins on one base (probably piggyback style and female Hog Whisperer as Lilitu), Stitched will have added gremlin hands/heads coming from inside and Daydreams will be what every gremlin would dream of - mushrooms, rug to sleep on and big gun.

Question is - is that list competitive enough for tournaments?

I like the idea. You'll have to post pics when you have it finished.

As far as being competitive enough for tournaments... I personally like having some variability in my lists so that I can change it up to fit the strategy, schemes, and opposing faction. Overall it looks like a solid list. Maybe have a second Lilitu to swap with the second Lelu when the need arises. I also have to admit that Copelius is pretty much an auto include for my Dreamer crew.

I will take some photos when I'm done for sure. I can visualize all those models, problem is I don't know if my GS skills are high enough. ;)

Coppelius will get into that crew too as a original model. He is unique after all.

For now my ideas (and full list in fact) are:

35ss crew:

Dreamer & LCB [bayou Lad & Lager Creating Bro] (*8ss)

* Daydream [bogdream] (2ss)

Stitched Together [Oogie Boogie] (5ss)

Lelu [Lil'u] (7ss)

Lelu [Lil'u] (7ss)

Lilitu [Lil'too] (7ss)

Additional 20ss pool:

Stitched Together [Oogie Boogie] (5ss)

Coppelius (9ss)

Insidious Madness [Wyrd Al''vich] (4ss)

Bayou Lad - Gremlin in white (but soiled) PJ's.

Lager Creating Bro - LCB, tray full of cups with lager in one hand

Bogdream 1 - piglet humping other piglet

Bogdream 2 - mushroom field being found by piglet

Bogdream 3 - boomstick aiming at small teddy (the one from Baby Kade)

Oogie Boogies - Stitched Together with gremlin limbs coming out of them.

Lil'u - 2 gremlins piggyback, fake horns, fake claws, red paint on faces (braveheart style), bdsm collars

Lil'too - gremlinette on top of gremlin with fishing pole, blue paint on faces (braveheart style)

Wyrd Al''vich - gremlin in mental institute harness trying to run away from tentacles

@Dumb Luck - it there a way you could post pic of that? :)

I'll consider Teddy when I have some ideas how to make it.

So I guess Dreamer plays a bit like that:

1. Prime your nightmares, everyone gets Defensive Stance and some ongoing effects like Smell Fear or Psychopathic Episode. Look what enemy crew is doing. Unbury LCB, defensive stance, bury LCB.

2. Bury everything except for 2 Daydreams. Advance to create 2 vectors of assault.

3. Turn 2 move Daydream, unbury LCB, bury LCB, activate Dreamer, fly 7", unbury all with trigger, activate LCB, eat face. Try to summon Daydream. Let enemy activate.

4. Activate Lelu, Lilitu, Lelu, eat more face. Let enemy activate for 2nd time.

5. Activate 2nd Daydream bury all. Let enemy activate for 3rd time.

6. Unbury LCB with 3rd Daydream, bury him to bring the Dreamer back. Repeat next turn.

There can be changes due to scenario/deployment. Good guess?

how the dreamer works is mainly dropping a couple of your hard hitters on their crew early turn or dropping out say something more resilient on the objectives such as a stitched together on the treasure marker then using your daydreams to pull it outta harms way. but the biggest thing to defense for the dreamer is burying everything before they have a chance to be hit. check out pullmyfinger for some good tips etc. also i posted my fav alpha strike here

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23699

@Dumb Luck - Cool gator. I was thinking about doing something like that, but decided to keep LCB so the crew has at least 1 original model. ;)

@Mindwarp - Cheers, I've read that. It helped me understand how Nix (player, not-model) did kill Nekima with LCB on turn 1 in his battle rapport. It all comes down to me just playing the game and trying it. If I only had more time to visit my club. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first game with Dreamer. It was completely different to "point and shoot" my Ophelia crew does, but I like it. Some changes need to be made in the list and knowing how small amount of time I can spare for modelling and painting - I'm droping Gremlin Dreamer idea. If anybody fancies it - feel free to pick it up. I just won't be able to finish it in any reasonable time. :(