Chess - Game of the century

Justin

I love chess but have to admit I had never thought of watching chess videos before.

Now....faction based Malifaux chess sets......?

I can see it.

Who needs sets?

Just buy a bunch of death marshals for pawns, LJ for your king, Judge for the queen, executioner for the rook, austringers for knights, and guild guard for bishops.

The on the other side, Nicodem as king, Mortimer as queen, mindless zombies as pawns, belles as knights, crooked men as bishops, punk zombies as rooks.

Who needs sets?

Just buy a bunch of death marshals for pawns, LJ for your king, Judge for the queen, executioner for the rook, austringers for knights, and guild guard for bishops.

The on the other side, Nicodem as king, Mortimer as queen, mindless zombies as pawns, belles as knights, crooked men as bishops, punk zombies as rooks.

I like that. Here is my neverborn list.

Pawns - Alps (is that enough alps?)

Rooks - Teddies or Stitched

Knights - Riders

Bishops - Lelu/Lilitu

King - Dreamer

Queen - Lilith ( or Insert your favourite female Neverborn master here.)

Who needs sets?

Nicodem sounds about right, but I'd have used Kirai as Queen, Frankies as Rooks, Punk Zombies as Bishops & Dead Doggies as Knights.

Arcanists is an interesting one...

Ramos = King

Colette = Queen

Electrical Creation = Bishops

Coryphee = Knights

Steamborg = Rooks

Arachnids = Pawns

That sounds like an all-Arcanist crew, without any Guild toys. You could swap out the Electrical Creations for Ramos's Totems, but I'd leave them there personally.

Cheers!

Borzag (trying to come up with a Gremlin one.... Gremlinette Bishops?)

BOOOORING.

Unless, of course, you could bring the Malifaux element into it by allowing magic. Spells have a range of. . .3 Squares? Magical extension?

Now That Would Be COOL!!

And then we should have hexagons instead of squares, to allow for more varied movement. And we should make all of the Malifaux characters into puppets...

Nicodem sounds about right, but I'd have used Kirai as Queen, Frankies as Rooks, Punk Zombies as Bishops & Dead Doggies as Knights.

Arcanists is an interesting one...

Ramos = King

Colette = Queen

Electrical Creation = Bishops

Coryphee = Knights

Steamborg = Rooks

Arachnids = Pawns

That sounds like an all-Arcanist crew, without any Guild toys. You could swap out the Electrical Creations for Ramos's Totems, but I'd leave them there personally.

Cheers!

Borzag (trying to come up with a Gremlin one.... Gremlinette Bishops?)

If anyone makes one of these, please post pics.

Somer - King

Ophelia - Queen

Hog Whisperer - Bishops

Slop Hauler - Knights

Pigapult - Rooks

Bayou Gremlins - Pawns

And 7 new sets, which are based around Singular Masters/ Henchman :)

King: Pandora, Leveticus, Hamelin, Colette, Seamus, Kaeris, Lucius

Queen: Doppelganger, Alyce, Nix, Cassandra, Molly, Soulstone Miner, Ryle

Rooks: Teddy and Insidious Magic/ Stichted Together, Desolation Engines, Rat Catchers, Coryphee, Dead Doxy, Gunsmiths, Lawyer/ Guard Captain

Bishops: Primordial Magic/ Poltergeist, Hollow Waifs, Obedient Wrench/ Primordial Magic (got the masks for Hamelins spells), Performers, Rotten Belles, Joss and Johan, Governors Proxy/ Drill Sargent

Knights: Kade and Candy, 2 Riders, The Stolen, Mannequins, Crooligans, Iggy, Austringers

Pawns: Sorrows+Iggy, Steam Punk Abominations, Rats, Mechanical doves, Canine Remains, Fire Gamins, Guild Guard