What does the Warden add for Hoffmanners?

Jonas Albrecht

Personaly i am way excited for them. Solid defense stat + armor means it will survive. Got nice movment and its gun rocks. Never thought i would want the masked guild freak but him hoffman and a couple of these suckers sound like one hell of a nasty crew. Only real downside on it is no warden for ramos and its combat is on the lowside. The low combat has a built in + and the number of shots one of them can put out with hoff luc combo is just scarry

they have some great abilities:

immune to influence

armor 1

mobile- ignore severe/climbing penalties

relentless- discard card to take walk action

pursuit- gain bonus attack and damage flips towards any model that already activated.

it REALLY is worth the +1ss cost over the guardsmen. So far i re did my Lucius list to playtest here is my idea

Lucius 4ss

Governors Proxy

Warden x3

Austringer x2

Ryle

35ss list

Having essentially 4 constructs that are immune to morale duels/obey means i can run them up front and not have to worry about them attacking my own guys or running from the fight. Not only a higher movement BUT relentless/mobile gives them CRAZY mobility. Though their cb is only 4 compared to a guard's 6 + critical strike. Their abilities more than make up for it and that is not even getting into their triggers paralyze/push out of melee or out of an 1" so they have to move and attack (wardens have 2").

the gun is range 8 low output on damage but paralyze is still worth its weight in gold so all you have to do is not flip a black joker, needs to damage target.

yes its only "weakness" is the low cb and it's weapons do not do as much damage as models with the same cost. But i am willing to take that trade out for the abilities it brings to the table and to its crew. Not sure what it necessarily brings to hoffman besides the next cheapest construct he could take.

I think I'll grab a couple - they're fast and bring a great effect - does kind of devalue the Hunter further though -

-Paralyzed from the gun beats Slow from the gun...

-Attacking a model that's already gone is easier than attacking a model that has not moved yet...

- It's faster (discarding a card is more easily controlled than using Shadow)

- It's cheaper

Its already hard enough to justify the Hunter when there are lots of great non-contructs Guild can provide for similar cost - getting a Construct that covers many of the Hunter's bases for cheaper just feels like an out and out replacement... I like the Hunter, but its a shame it doesn't seem to really be all that worth it...

• 2 weeks later...