Coppelius' Slumber Trigger

zatoichi98

Question

8 answers to this question

When Coppelius uses his build-in trigger 'Slumber' does the model recieving paralyzed still get the poison? Or more to the point, is giving poison considered damage?

RM Pg 117.

Poison is applied to a model when the model is "affected" by the ability. A model would be "affected" by a weapon when it hits.

As such, even when Coppelius triggers Slumber, he also applies poison to the target along with the paralyze.

I thought it was ruled not long ago that poison applied on damage so the slumber trigger wouldn't allow you to poison them.

Correct, you actually need to do dmg for poison to work, even if it is 0 dmg, like from the performer's poison ring. Coppelius' Trigger says it works instead of doing dmg, so you aren't doing 0 dmg, you are doing no dmg, therefore no poison.

There have been several threads regarding poison in the recent days/week. After reading all the threads it is of my understanding that you need to do damage in order to apply poison. Even in the case of the showgirl (performer?) that has 0 damage as weak damage, would still allow the poison to be applied.

If you are attacking a soul stone user and the defending soul stone user discards a stone to prevent damage, even 0 damage, and flips the appropriate card to prevent all the damage, then poison does not get applied.

In the specific case of Coppelius, since his slumber trigger states, choose to do no damage and instead paralyze the model, he would not be applying his poison.

Please correct my understanding of poison if I have summed it up incorrectly.

There have been several threads regarding poison in the recent days/week. After reading all the threads it is of my understanding that you need to do damage in order to apply poison. Even in the case of the showgirl (performer?) that has 0 damage as weak damage, would still allow the poison to be applied.

If you are attacking a soul stone user and the defending soul stone user discards a stone to prevent damage, even 0 damage, and flips the appropriate card to prevent all the damage, then poison does not get applied.

In the specific case of Coppelius, since his slumber trigger states, choose to do no damage and instead paralyze the model, he would not be applying his poison.

Please correct my understanding of poison if I have summed it up incorrectly.

This. The model has to do damage. Even 0 damage like he said. And yes it is the performer btw. Black joker is no damage and reducing from a soulstone is no damage. 0 damage will apply it, but no damage will not.

This. The model has to do damage. Even 0 damage like he said. And yes it is the performer btw. Black joker is no damage and reducing from a soulstone is no damage. 0 damage will apply it, but no damage will not.

Yeah. :( I was just reading one of those threads linked on the PullMyFinger wiki. It made me sad.