Rusty Alice is not Rusty

DevilTown

Everyone's favorite Difficult Child makes a strong showing in the Puppet Wars scene, coming in as what I and all I have discussed with at the Gen-Con tournaments and local games considered a ridiculousness powerful effigy. Where is this spirit when she's out in the field with Leveticus? anyway, The stats.

AR 9

D 8

C 2

U 2

S 3

Disassemble: When she rips an adjacent Puppet and you discard you tear apart one of that puppets upgrades. If no upgrades you off the Puppet. Wow

Range 2. Range is dangerous.

Magnetic Personality: Discard a :masks and place Alice next to a Metal Puppet up to 3 spaces away. Talk about a strong set up!

Alice comes relatively cheap for a Puppet that comes with a Instant Kill ability. Even Cheaper if you run her with Pokey Victoria. Her combat and upgrade limit of 2 in nothing to sneeze at.. she can be kitted for pretty much any situation and then has the stitches to stick around to get the job done. Then if some badass of a Puppet manages to take Alyce down, She turns into...

Tattered Skirt

AD 6

Abilites:

AR-4

D +1

Really?

Alyce drops a skirt that turns other Puppets into loose whores. They are easier to activate, they are so jaded their DF is heightened, and the price tag comes cheap for a measly 6 of any suit. Think of all you can do with all those heavies that are dressed for a night at the club. With no drawbacks that I can conceive, Alyce is an Auto include in any force I care to muster If she at least had the :-fate Rusty trait, an Achilles tendon of sorts, then maybe... No still an OP auto include

Discuss?

Remember that she is a sidekick, not just a pawn. You sure you want to auto-include her vs. some of the other models out there?

Misaki has a magical weapon, which is amazing vs. dodging opponents and she has leap. Wait until an upgrade with multitasker comes around and suddenly she becomes off to the races.

Bete can run and hide, completely avoiding attacks to stay alive, and she has an auto-kill ability as well. Did I mention Combat 4? And with Seamus, any 7 or higher will animate her, so she's cheaper than Alyce.

The Hooded Rider does damage based on how many spaces he's moved maxing at 4, and his upgrade, while expensive to get off, is downright epic.

That isn't to say that Alyce isn't awesome, she is... but I'm not sure about auto-include in every list I play.

I can see your point but I don't think Alice is an auto include. It depends on who you're playing right now. The Judge is amazing for Lady J... and Nino isn't too shabby either. The Judge's torn bandana makes me run him out, do a lot of damage and then when he gets torn apart I give Lady J his torn bandana. Now she can Refresh for free.

The only masters right now that I am using a sidekick out of faction are for Marcus and Pandora. And that's onlt because they only have 1 sidekick a piece. But I enjoy mixing up the sidekicks and trying new combinations. Just like in Malifaux, the same charchters will not work for every opponent.

Rusty Alice was popular at GenCon (I took here with Marcus). She is tough, but not too difficult to kill. Also as mentioned, she is a sidekick. You have to choose your sidekicks wisely.

I heard of a hooded rider killing a master on turn two. I never heard of Rusty Alice doing that. Although you could get some nasty combinations with her.

Yeah, Alyce is good.

Really good.

So are all sidekicks.

Killing something is a little more obviously good than some of the other abilities. But they're still good, you just need to know the game a little better. If I can get to a center workbench with leap first animation, Misaki is usually my auto include. I've won a LOT of games second turn thanks to her.

And Bete can essentially come back on infinitely and also auto kills. And the judge just has straight good stats and denies the upgrade of every puppet he kills. I could go on.

Sidekicks are just good. All of them.

Alyce is good, but she has the same problem as master puppets...it is easy to get her over extended and that spells doom for any puppet...plus she presents a very tempting target

I did this to my friend the other day. He used Alyce to try and gib Bette with his 5th activation so I just put her back in the toybox. Next round I cheat in a low card to activate Seamus so I can pop gun Alyce with the very first activation. Bring Bette back and no more Alyce, but my December Acolyte has a new skirt...

Remember that she is a sidekick, not just a pawn. You sure you want to auto-include her vs. some of the other models out there?

Sidekick:

This Puppet is a Sidekick. You may include only 1 of each Sidekick in your Toy Box. Only ¼ (rounding up) of your Puppets may be Sidekicks.

In most games you would be able to take at least two sidekicks.

Lucious

Judge

Nino Ortega

Sebastian

Bete Noir

Baby Kade

Hooded Rider

Joss

Misaki

Rusty Alyce

It depends on the way you plan to play the game. I really like the Hooded Rider, Misaki, Bete, Baby Kade, Rusty Alyce....ok I like them all.