And another one goes soulstone hunting

Alviaran

Hello, all!

My name is Nate and I have a problem. I'm a pewter addict.

Nah. I picked up a couple of starter crews a while back but couldn't get anyone go join up with me. I also ended up with a Kirai box along the way trading away old stuff online. At Gencon this year, I finally got a demo and ended up picking up a lot of toys for the Kirai crew thanks to some henchmen (whose names I did not catch) and a gentleman who goes by the name of Spoon here on the forums.

Short version, I've added another game to my repertoire and it is because of amazing miniatures and some awesome people at the show. So thanks guys for stealing more of my money.

Otherwise, I play Warmachine/Hordes pretty heavily, as anyone who recognizes my name from that forum might realize. Malifaux seems to present a different sort of gameplay for me so I plan to go forward with both.

Hello, all!

My name is Nate and I have a problem. I'm a pewter addict.

Nah. I picked up a couple of starter crews a while back but couldn't get anyone go join up with me. I also ended up with a Kirai box along the way trading away old stuff online. At Gencon this year, I finally got a demo and ended up picking up a lot of toys for the Kirai crew thanks to some henchmen (whose names I did not catch) and a gentleman who goes by the name of Spoon here on the forums.

Short version, I've added another game to my repertoire and it is because of amazing miniatures and some awesome people at the show. So thanks guys for stealing more of my money.

Otherwise, I play Warmachine/Hordes pretty heavily, as anyone who recognizes my name from that forum might realize. Malifaux seems to present a different sort of gameplay for me so I plan to go forward with both.

Welcome! Do you remember when/where you did your demos? Might be able to help sort out who you were doing stuff with. For instance, I was running Demos in the booth on Friday afternoon and Sunday, and then in the miniatures hall on Friday morning.

Looks like Spoon pointed you in a good direction as well, with picking Kirai. She's a fun crew. Hope you enjoy it, and be sure to poke around the forums a lot. There's TONS of great info on here!

I got the demo on Saturday afternoon (I was running demos for Privateer until after 2pm). I went looking around and then came back to the same gentlemen (a fellow with a goatee. I really wish I had asked his name to thank him for putting up with my questions) and asked if he could give me some advice on what else to fill out a crew. He started listing the ones he played and Kirai was among them so he gave me a bunch of help. Then another henchman did as well when I was over at the blisters and Spoon helped convince me (and help me) fill out so now I'm sitting on:

Kirai

Ikiryo

4 Onryo

5 Seishin

2 Gaki

Shikome

Datsue Ba

Lost Love

Kirai, Avatar of Vengeance

I had the starter box before, but they helped me fill out all the other things. (I also ended up with Dead Justice and later on Teddy and a Puppet Deck. I was convinced on the Puppet Deck after getting to see the one Spoon bought) So now I can summon to my heart's content. And the Dead Rider was suggested to me by the nameless demo henchman and is going to be the next purchase.

Also, the Avatars did kind of sell me. I regret not having the money to pick up Sonnia Criid's avatar as well (her box is another that I picked up years ago and that model is amazing).

The one thing I am wondering about are what are the common levels of games? What are the general tournament levels? My friend and I are generally tournament players so we were wondering about this since it helps us plan out what to buy and such. Looking through the rules manual (though I may be missing it) has me finding the difference in size between a scrap and a brawl, but nothing regarding the usual game sizes.

Also, the Avatars did kind of sell me. I regret not having the money to pick up Sonnia Criid's avatar as well (her box is another that I picked up years ago and that model is amazing).

Well, Sonnia's Avatar is supposed to release to game stores in September I think, you so won't have to wait long for it. ;)

The one thing I am wondering about are what are the common levels of games? What are the general tournament levels? My friend and I are generally tournament players so we were wondering about this since it helps us plan out what to buy and such. Looking through the rules manual (though I may be missing it) has me finding the difference in size between a scrap and a brawl, but nothing regarding the usual game sizes.

We typically play between 25 and 40 SS. If you go above 40 SS, games get kind of crazy, and take a lot longer. Can also do 45+ point Brawls. :D