Control Deck vs Playing Card Deck - Combining the Two

Xander

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree. if it's a choice between the nicer Bleeding Cowboy J and having the 14, I would go with the original style. Also I know it's meant to be a 14.. but to anyone that is just looking at the deck it looks like a J with a 4 next to it in blood. I would just go for a 4th dot on the top right corner.

I will likely keep this font. I don't want to have the Bleeding Cowboy font; it doesn't suit the rest of the deck.

Might add the 4th blood mark, and drop the 4, hrm...

Comments about the purple stain on the O for zero?

The balance just looks a bit off for the Joker word.. the J hasn't got enough Weight to offset it against the suit symbol on every other card..

If you are going to keep it I would suggest finishing the black border as there is now a gap for no reason.

4 dots it is.

Yeah, card back sounds like it will come down to personal preference.

The trouble with trying to make a mirrored card back is that even the slightest error (and I can already see some) means that it may be even easier to cheat, since the person who owns the deck will be able to study and notice tiny differences, but his enemy may not notice them from across the table.

If there is a definite upwards side, it should be much more obvious that the user of the deck is trying to cheat.

For those who haven't read through the whole thread and have been asking about how I am printing them, this is where I am printing them:

http://www.printerstudio.com/personalized/custom-playing-cards-gifts.html

I have designed the cards to match their card size and bleed amount. I may order a sample deck sometime soon and see how they are.

EDIT: I've ordered my sample deck! Yay! Now we play the waiting game.

complete-deck-preview.png

Edited by Xander

Nicely done, it's great to see the set all together and it is looking pretty damn good. I really want a set of these for myself. Here's hoping the test run works out well.

I agree and thanks! I hope they look as good as I am hoping. :)

Looking great. I really want a set of these.

Lots of people seem to want them, so that means I must have done something right!

personally i love the new card back.

kudos on all your work... this is so inspiring.

I am pretty happy with how the back came out. :)

Thanks for the kudos.

I want to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions! They really helped me along the way. Cheers!

w00t!

Good news! Your personalized item(s) was (were) completed.

Your order (no.XXXXXXXXXX) has been shipped on 2011/09/26. It will be delivered by Post Office in 9 – 25* business days.

Yay! I am hoping it is closer to 9 days! 5 weeks would be an eternity to wait!

Pics as soon as I get this sample deck!

Also, in honour of the GPL principles, here are my modified Face Cards for use as Jokers which are released under the GPL license.

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/images/xander/malifaux-bioshock/cards/red-black_jokers.svg

For the original face cards, please see here:

http://svg-cards.sourceforge.net/

Edited by Xander

• 2 weeks later...