Neverborn Avatar Summary (Spoiler).

Necromorph

Last but definitely not least, the Neverborn Avatar Summary.

Dreamer, Avatar of Imagination

Focus- Crew Manipulation

Rundown- Chompy takes a back seat and the Dreamer gets a complex twist. Basically, the dreamer is all about effecting the game indirectly. That's not to say he doesn't have some bite with several abilities slow, paralyze, bury, etc. He can do dg, but it's not impressive, and his toy sword is really more about picking suits for his triggers if you're in melee. The interesting thing is how he manipulates the game. When he comes into play he has to pick an effect to apply to the game, which will effect both friendly and enemy models. An example is Cops and Robbers- Friendly models get hunter and enemy models get scout...brilliant. Others include Pirates, Slay the Dragon, and Hide and Seek. Second, he can generate random Event/Terrain features in the game every turn like Caustic Gas and Hanging Trees.

Lilith, Avatar of Nature's Malevolence

Focus- Hit and Run/Terrain Manipulation

Rundown- If you couldn't tell from her artwork, Lilith's Avatar functions a lot like what you'd expect a waldgeist master to be like. When she enters play, she generates 3 pieces of woods terrain, and can cast a spell to add extra terrain onto another piece of woods terrain...like it's spreading I guess. Almost all of her abilities have to do with said woods terrain including attacking from/through the terrain with both a ranged and melee attack, pushes, rooting effects, gaining blood counters whenever an enemy model dies in woods terrain, etc. It may seem limiting, but it's actually pretty cool, and I'm sure waldgeists will be incredibly popular now, haha.

Pandora, Avatar of Insanity

Focus- Wp duels.

Rundown- Another Complex one here. She didn't change much in her tactics, she's based on stripping immunity to Wp and killing you through Wp duels. She is Immobile..she can't move once manifested, but she does have some synergy with Candy which lets her push around. She has several rooting/slowing effects as well which make it harder for enemies to get away from her influence. Candy, the Petulant Youth comes with her, and the great part is, even if you didn't have a candy on the table, you get one for free with 2 fewer wounds. Wounds taken by either model can be split between them after the manifest as well. Candy is her other half (Pandora has Pacify, Candy has Incite, etc), and also has an ice mirror like function for pandora's spells...actually it is ice mirror just renamed "Her Eyes". She runs around debuffing enemies and stripping other resistances making it easier for pandora to take them out.

Zoraida, Avatar of Fate

Focus- Card Manipulation

Rundown- Zoraida is pretty much awesome at messing with your hand. Where colette forces you to swap cards and manipulate your hand, zoraida just drains you. He has several awesome draw mechanics, + to initiative flips, the ability to make a model discard whenever it performs an action, and the ability to make an opponent ignore suits in their duel totals, it's brutal. She's not without teeth either. She has two attacks, her withering touch and a spell pins and needles, both have strange dg spreads, but it's the triggers that are important; poison, discarding, and reducing a models total wd by 2 for the rest of the game just to name a few. She still has her old staple obey, and has a trigger for chain casting it on an extra mask. She seems a bit tricky, but absolutely nasty.

Ah, yeah...ok, here's how to Manifest them.

Dreamer-

1-Deal 5dg to enemy models with Twist Reality Strikes

2- Chompy uses his All Finished Trigger after killing and enemy model.

Lilith-

1-Inflicts 10wd on enemy models while they are in base contact with woods terrain.

2-casts Illusionary Forst during two different turns.

Pandora

1-Inflicts 10wd with Emotional Trauma and/or Self-Loathing.

2-The same enemy model must lose the Wp duel from Dementia two times.

Zoraida

1-Successfully cast Crystal Ball twice.

2-Kill an enemy model with a model controled by obey.

Edited by Necromorph

Thanks for taking the time to round outthe avatar coverage.... love the sound.of the dreamer avatar.... I made my crew choices.based on story and was not too into the dreamer compared to others but that ability to manipulate the game in the later stages sounds very fun...

Oh wow. I own and loved all the Neverborn Matters and now I am at a lost.... which one will be my favorite? I have always loved Lilith and use a Waldgeist with her everytime and her avatar abilities just fall into my style of play with her already.

The Hag is my second NB goto and her card manipulation looks brutal, fun, along with forcing my opponent to rethink their game plan and I can't wait for both her models to arrive.

The Dreamer has been kind of clunky for me (There was a player in our meta that plays the alp bomb like no other and is still undefeated, so I try not to play bombs away.) and I know his capabilities are awesome but his style doesn't always jive with me. But now seeing his games I might have to finally paint and play my nightmare LCB.

Pandora is and has been nasty. I see she becomes stationary which is great for some strategies and horrible for others, so using her will be reliant on the strategies more than anything. Candy though looks like she is going to enjoy her upgrade for sure. will have to read the full rules when my book arrives before I start working my head around her.

I am happy overall with all our Masters after reading this and am guessing all the Avatars are going to be fun and make us rethink how to play our crews.

Thanks again for posting this Necromorph, you have been a real hero for those of us who were unfortunate in not being able to go to GenCon. A true Malifreak.

Thanks again for posting this Necromorph' date=' you have been a real hero for those of us who were unfortunate in not being able to go to GenCon. A true Malifreak.[/quote']

Werd. Thanks a ton, Necro. Posting all of these summary/spoiler threads must've been time consuming, we really appreciate it!