Growing Fire markers (12)

Sholto

I mentioned these in another thread somewhere, but I finally got the hot glue gun out and finished the other 11 tonight.

They are pretty simple. 12 50mm MDF bases, 12 flickering LED tealights, some cotton wool and some black spray paint. Cut a hole in the bottom of each MDF base to access the on/off switch on the LED tealight. Hot glue the tealight to the MDF base. Hot glue around the rim and stick the cotton wool down. Tease the cotton wool into a flame shape, and then spray paint, making them darker at the top than at the bottom.

Here is a WIP shot that should explain all of the above:-

Making_Markers.jpg

Yes, that is a cup of tea in a Cath Kidson mug. And here is all twelve set up on a table and flickering away:-

Growing_Fire.jpg

It will take a bit of leverage with a screwdriver to pop the tealights off to replace the batteries and then glue them back on again. Fiddly. I could have just cut a much larger hole in the MDF base so I could access the on/off switch and the battery compartment. Hmm. In hindsight,that would have been a better idea ;)