KR Multicase Backpack2 Review

KR Multicase Backpack 2 Review

By Liam “MunkeyKungFu” Hall

As a budding gamer of many years I am constantly on the look out for handy storage solutions in order to not only keep my models safe but all me to transport them in a convenient manner. The fine people over at KR (http://www.krmulticase.co.uk) have recently released their new range of backpacks and I instantly snapped them up on their launch offer. I visit my local gaming store 1-2 times a week and I frequently attend local 2 day tournaments where due to public transport travelling light is key.

Before I go any further lets get the disclaimer out of the way. I do not work nor am I affiliated with KR. This bag was not given to me to review I have purchased this with my own money.

Right so with that out of the way lets get onto the nitty gritty. The KR Backpack 2 has several price points depending on whether you wish to buy just the backpack, or custom trays. For £59.99 I received the double back and 1 tray of normal foam. (I was lucky enough to get the July offer of a free extra case as well but this deal is expired). At first this seems a little on the expensive side however the cases themselves are just over £20 so on reflection it is fairly reasonable for that price point.

So let’s have a look at what makes this bag so special: (Taken from KR Website)

- Single version for 1 case

- Double version has expandable section for 2nd case

- Carry up to 2 card KR Multicases

- Or combine a case plus your clothes, shoes, accessories

- Large comfortable shoulder straps for easy travel

- Large pockets for books, accessories etc

- 2 large side pockets for drinks etc

- Elasticated mesh for large items

- Ergonomic and stylish design

- Chest and waist clips for cyclists and bikers

- Fully waterproof

Straight from the go KR take great care in ensuring that their products get to you safely and this turns up in a very sturdy brown box. On initial look and feel the stitching looks very good and strong. The material of this bag is made of waterproof material and benefits from being very light.

26cfc0f0.jpg

f66a74f6.jpg

3508fdd6.jpg

The Bag itself holds cases comfortably in each section and has been purposefully designed as such. These card cases are a nice snug fit and will not bounce around when walking or cycling.

b48f4f1e.jpg

The side straps allows you to loosen or tighten depending on what is in the second section to stop items bouncing around and contains a chest strap for added comfort and stability. A further feature of the double backpack is the ability to zip up / compact the front section turning the case from a double to a single. This is ideal for using this to just transport a case on a gaming night.

8c754b56.jpg

A key feature for me which has been a gripe with KR bags previously lacking is the pouches for books and tokens etc. The Backpack 2 features 1 front zip pouch and 2 side zip pouches. The front comfortably fits all the relevant rulebook and additional materials required for a gaming night. In this case it fits my malifaux rules manual, rising power source book, Flames of war rules book and hardback sourcebook and there is still some room left.

d6050911.jpg

The side pouches provide plenty of room for needed accessories. As seen below the right pouch allows me to fit my 1 litre drinks bottle and the opposite side will fit 2 card decks in protector cases, a chunky tape measure and dice bag with space to spare.

0a11ac73.jpg

3ae38028.jpg

KR boast that not only will this allow you to fit 2 card cases but it will also alternatively allow you to fit 1 card case and clothes etc. As this is something that I will be using this bag for I decided to put this to the test.

As you can see this does indeed stand up to the claim and fits everything in comfortably. This second section comfortably fitted spare clothes and my travel wash bag plus shoes.

7326ba7d.jpg

The space is this bag provides is absolutely fantastic. It really seems like KR have thought through the practicality of this bag and they have delivered on this. The Final Tally of what was stuffed into this bag and still have a bit of space left over.

e0c58462.jpg

1x KR Card Case

2x Rulebooks

2x Source Books

2x Deck Boxes

1x Dice Bag

1x Tape measure

1x 1litre drinks bottle

1x pair of shoe

1x pair of jeans

2x sets of underwear and socks

1x tshirt

1x shirt

1x thick hoody

1x wash bag + deodrant

Overall this case is very light, versatile and provides huge amounts of space. I honestly think that KR has hit the nail on the head with this product. The price point may put some people off, but given the flexibility of this bag and the quality overall it is great value for money.

I for one will be using this as my main go to bag for travelling to and from events and my FLGS.

Brilliant review and its amazing how much stuff you can fit in it! I have never travelled to tournaments but come next year, if circumstances allow, I plan on beginning...

This is the sort of thing i would be looking for to carry my stuff, so thanks for the great review and I shall be keeping an eye on their products in the future!

I bought one of these and it's great, loads of storage & well made. On the downside some minor things that irritate me. Most of the zips have two sliders and there's about 10 sliders in total and they jingle like little bells when you move so you sound like a Morris Dancer (English folk dancers). Plus there are lots of little straps and connectors which may be useful if you wearing the pack while on a bike but just get in the way for me.

Overall I'd say buy one.

Ferb

Nice review!

I've just got mine in the post, just snuck in on the free 2nd case offer. :D I'm a big fan of KR stuff, I've currently got maybe 10 card cases and two metal ones. Really liking the bag so far and it'll be getting its first road test tomorrow. I can see it being ace for tournament weekends with my travel gear in one pocket and my minis in another.

The other main plus point for me on the bag though is discretion, it looks just like a normal bag. I know we should all be gamers and proud, but there are times when I want to carry gaming gear without making it obvious. EG going gaming strait from work. This bag is going to be great for that.

Nice review!

I've just got mine in the post, just snuck in on the free 2nd case offer. :D I'm a big fan of KR stuff, I've currently got maybe 10 card cases and two metal ones. Really liking the bag so far and it'll be getting its first road test tomorrow. I can see it being ace for tournament weekends with my travel gear in one pocket and my minis in another.

The other main plus point for me on the bag though is discretion, it looks just like a normal bag. I know we should all be gamers and proud, but there are times when I want to carry gaming gear without making it obvious. EG going gaming strait from work. This bag is going to be great for that.

Oh definately the BP2 will allow me to have one section for my work laptop notepad etc and the other section for proper stuff :D

Had one for a couple of weeks now and can highly recommend it.

Some of the detail design is really good, such as the zips being angled so that the apertures for the cases open easily when dropping the cases in.

I'm carrying one case for gaming nights, but can drop in my second case for demos (extra crews and fate decks).

P.S. well written review by the way :)