The Ball - Roleplay Thread

Doctor Amos

Taking Lydia's hand as they excuse themselves from Al, they make their way to the bathroom. On their way they pass Karn. "wait here" Hayzel says under her breath.

They make it into the bathroom where Lydia demands to know whats going on.

"They took my cat" Hayzel growled, gaining an eyebrow raised look from Lydia.

"They took your... cat? Can't you just get another one?!" exclaimed Lydia.

"No, you don't understand. Without Zebadee I am very vulnerable. And the fact that Zebadee's collar is made out of pure soulstone silk, pink silk may i add, and that she is my baby, makes me very very mad." Hayzel babbled on.

"Okay! start at the beginning." Sighed Lydia.

"Well short version. Guild dont like the fact that i have such a control over the Neverborns. And the fact that I do tend to go mad when i see red, and end up killing a few in the mean time, hasn't really helped. So there is a warrant on my head." Hayzel said happily.

"The host ensured that I would not be attacked here, unfortunately, but it seems that someone has other plans. I have seen the guards here, at the front door! What am I to do? Risk myself getting captured to try and rescue the only thing that can protect me? Or do I risk my babys life for a party?" I don't want bloodshed... okay i lie, ofcourse i want blood shed, but not of my friends! Plus Karn is here and we know what he is like when a fight occurs..."

Lydia leaned forward and gave Hayzel a hug. She knew the Princess only through Absolution, but in the last few weeks she had formed a close friendship with the Neverborn. And she had been such a help since she had .....changed. It had been a shock the way her hair had suddenly gone pure as snow, but the worst change was her eyes....red eyes were hard to hide.

Absolution had been fine with it all, and she guessed he had seen a lot worse in his life than a girl with white hair and red eyes... And besides they had become so inseparable over the last few weeks..and of course, there was now that other thing they shared..

She turned her attention to Hayzel and held her hand.

"I'll help. I'll help find Zebadee. you concentrate on being the perfect guest.. the guild won't be keeping tabs on me, it should allow me to move relatively un-noticed."

She could see the happiness in the princess' eyes and she smiled back.

"so, where exactly did you last see your cat?" .....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karn watches impassively as the guard strolls towards them, nodding slightly to Black.

"Fine, scurry back in and tell the Princess I'll return shortly. I won't be far..... take this with you."

He reaches into his coat and removes a small Doll, setting it in Black's hand as he moved it behind his back. Smirking as the Doll fidgetted once in Black's hand.

As Black walks away, the Neverborn's dark gaze turned back to the guard who's only focus was making sure Black retreated inside. Seeing Black nearly back inside, Karn turned and began to make his way down the street. His nose working as if he had some scent, his brow furrowed in concentration.

"What is that.... smells foul.... but not in the usual way..."

Starting down the street he stepped to the side and into the dark shadows now and then, avoidding a Guard or person who's will he felt was strong enough to spot him.

"Blasted city.... to many scents of corruption and human filth..."

Taking stock of the buildings around him, he turns to a small one nearby. From just bellow it he jumps straight up, catching the roof with one hand and hauling himself up as if he weighed nothing. Taking to the next highest building he leaps up there, balancing himself at the peek of its high roof he begins to sniff the air again. His eyes survaying the citiscape around him. His sensitive ears twitch, still able to pick up the vaguest of sounds from the Party less then a block away.

Edited by karn987

"Thank you Lydia. I appreciate you trying to find Zebadee. But I know where she is. She is in the Guild cells. Trapped with magic that even she can't escape from. And they are torturing her. Being connected to something or someone like we are, means we feel what the other is feeling." Hayzel explained. It wasn't going to be easy.

The girls played with their hair in silence for a few moments, and then left the bathroom, Hayzels' mask intact.

Walking towards the front door, Hayzel bumped into Black, then suddenly collapsed onto the floor, her body twitching with pain. She opened her mouth and screamed a blood curdling scream. Tears of blood ran down her face, then as soon as it started the pain stopped. Hayzel looked into the red eyes of Lydia and whispered;

"Zebadee!" then passed out.

Black walked back into the house, followed closely by the guard. Once the officer was satisfied that Black was inside and not going anywhere he returned to his post. Black opened his hand to see the little puppet that KArn had given him. it was a small figure with a mischievous face...and Black was sure it moved slightly as he placed it in his jacket pocket.

He returned to the party and it was if he hadn't left. Guests were still mingling and dancing to that god awful music. he was wishing someone would have the initiative to hire him to make the hit......

Lydia stepped from the bathroom and caught his arm, dragging him to the side. She planted a kiss on his lips, wrapping her arms around his neck. After a few seconds she stood back, smiling.

"Thats for being you" she laughed.

Hayzel stepped from inside the bathroom and Lydia gave her a quick wink as she walked past the couple, suddenly she dropped to the floor and screamed. Black picked her up and sat her in the chair nearby, waiting for her to recover.

Lydia was by her side, holding her hand....She looked at Black.

"I know whats wrong, but i need to get out of here. I need to contact Knoffler too.."

Black saw the look on her face and knew better than to argue. He handed her a piece of card that had an address on it. She scanned it and nodded before slipping it between her cleavage. Black held her closely and whispered in her ear.

"I need to have a look around....but the greycoats are making that difficult. Any chance you could provide a distraction that would allow me to get up those stairs?"

She smiled and squeezed his hand.

"Don't worry sweetie, Hayzel will provide the distraction.. won't you honey?"

She looked down at Hayzel, who smiled in response. She could see the pain wracking her body, and squeezed her arm.

"Don't worry, I'll find her and bring her back"

Hayzel smiled, and regaining her feet, started to walk painfully to the dancehall...She looked back over her shoulder.

"you'll have your distraction. Just don't let me down"....

Then Hayzel was stepping through into the music filled hall. Suddenly there was a commotion from inside the dance hall, and the shrilling of whistles. The two guards immediately ran from their position through the double doors opposite.

Seizing the oportunity, Lydia picked up her shoes and ran with Black, upstairs and onto the landing above. Out of sight of below, they leant against the wall, catching their breath.

Lydia opened the small window at the end of the corridor and looked out. She saw the bushes several feet below and measured her chances. She turned back towards Black, kissed him once and then dropped out of the window.

Landing in the bushes outside, she cursed and pulled herself out. Satisfied that she hadn't been spotted, she looked down.. Her dress was a mess from the knee down, so she took her knife and sliced it around. Then resheathing the balde she walked as silently as possible across the gardens and through the railings into the street outside, where she ran barefoot away from the house.

Black readied his jacket, letting it hang open, allowing him access to the guns inside as he made his way to the large door at the end of the corridor. A faint glow of candlelight flickered under the door, and he could hear movement as he approached. Then he heard the screams and glass smahing downstairs as all hell seemed to break loose..........

Edited by Absolution Black

While some of the constructs employed at the star are quite skilled at dance, apparently corderoy was not, but more than made up for it with enthusiasm. Elril spins around the room for the length of two songs before excusing himself, rubbing his elbow and shoulder. Approaching Tuesday, he introduces himself "Evening madam, I believe you are from the star?", "based on your companion of course. I thought all the beautiful ladies there could dance, but did I hear that you did not?" Elril offers Tuesday a glass of the punch, as it glows gently.

While chatting with Tuesday, Elril looks casually around the rooms. Seeing several obvious gunmen Elril is glad he wore is coat, though curious why they are here. Noticing Karn near the fireplace he is even more curious. Wonder if he was the original invitee or came upon the invite... Should make things interesting. Lastly, this house was huge, I wonder what else is around here.

Corduroy greatly enjoyed the dance, rather clumsily attempting to match the beat but doing so with unmistakable glee. It had always been somewhat envious of the Star's Coryphee and their dancing ability, practicing in the storage room after hours with other like-minded Mannequins, but this was the first time it had gotten to actually dance with another person. By the time they got back, Tuesday could tell the Mannequin was beaming with delight. It grabbed the notepad and pencil from her and began writing while Elril talked.

"Oh, thank you-- and I am," Tuesday replied, accepting the punch glass, "but I work behind the scenes. Making repairs to these ladies--" she nodded toward Cordoroy-- "and helping with wardrobe." Most of the performers did make their own costumes, but Tuesday was there to help the ones who didn't sew and make sure the costumes were all properly constructed. "These tend to get in the way of dancing, really." She motioned toward her legs, also letting her eyes wander around the room as they spoke. The men who'd most recently walked in still drew her attention, though she kept from staring.

Corduroy finished her message, turning the pad over excitedly to show Elril. "HADD FUN THANK YOU SIR" in large, childish handwriting, and a smiling face.

"Lovely, Cordy, but one D next time," murmured Tuesday, not really looking at it. She turned, startled by the sudden commotion on the other side of the room as the guards by the door took off to investigate. Corduroy dropped its pad, positioning itself between Tuesday and the source of the panic.

Edited by Tuesday

Within an instant, Hayzel was up on her feet. She was angry now. They were torturing Zebadee, and thus herself. How did they know they were connected? With a bang and a shrill whistle, Hayzel knocked over the first Guild Guard, ripping off his face. Laughing manically, she tore off her mask, her eyes had turned ice blue, and her nails had elongated into long talons. Almost as if sensing blood, two Mature Nephilims smashed through the front windows. Throwing her head back with laughter as her wings finally burst through the corset, she giggled as they unfurled, the wingspan monstrous.

"Oh dear! What are you humans going to do now?!" She cackled, vaguely aware that Lydia and Black were running upstairs. One guard was trying to shoot at her, and one bullet flew straight past her head, cutting off some of her hair.

"Thats IT! Now I am mad!" The Nephilim on her left tore out the man's throat, and then proceeded to rip apart the body. Hayzel called over to the Nephs and flew outside, anger still surging through her.

Karn's ears twitched at the sound of the Screams and then shuddered at the crash. Standing up he cast his gaze back towards the party and sniffed the air.

With a frown he let go of the roof and took off at a run down it's side. Reaching the edge he lept for the next roof, easily landing mid way up it. Digging his claws in he continued this way until reachiing a House accross from the party. Leaping clear off it he lands in the middle of the street as silent as a cat, his tail whipping out behind him as he sees the two large holes in the house.

"Curse the Blood! She can't summon them here, we've already got enough attention."

Hearing the sound of approaching hooves he darts into the house through one of the gaping holes. Landing just behind one of the larger Nephilim he grabs it bythe tail and pulls. The creature turning to him in surprised before with a grunt, he hurls the creature out through the hole it entered.

"Hayzel! Send them away before you bring down the Hunters on us!"

He leaps under the claws of the other, and rolls to his feat just infront of Tuesday, Elril, and Corduroy. He opens his arms wide and takes the creatures tail to his chest, trying to sieze hold of it as it whips by.

"Oophh..... you all may want to get out of here... the Guard will be here in minutes if they aren't already."

With a growl he tosses the tail to the side and grabs hold of it's large claw.

"Hayzel! Call him off, we need to get out of hear if we want any chance of stopping whatever it is."

He fixes the Princess with his gaze, grunting as the Nephilim's tail slams into his side.

"Oh, hell," Tuesday said, just before Corduroy shoved her back against the wall, pulling Elril away from the transforming Neverborn as well. It recognized the danger immediately and adapted accordingly, doing the best it could to protect the two humans nearest it.

As a regular Mannequin, this wasn't much, but Tuesday seemed to have a plan for that, picking herself up from the floor and leaning against the wall. Her right leg had locked up, and she hastily twisted the key in it, looking toward Elril as she straightened up. She jumped as another person rolled in front of them, giving a short nod to what he said. "Come on," she mumbled, pulling Elril briefly toward the nearest corner. She left it up to him whether he followed or not, knowing he may have other plans when it came to the commotion.

Once semi-hidden, she set to work. The belt she wore with her suit-dress had probably seemed out of place, but she was now glad she'd brought it, taking a wrench and a pair of long, sharp scissors out of one of the holsters. She seized Corduroy's left hand, working quickly on the agitated construct to unscrew and replace its metal hand with the scissors. She'd evidently done this several times before, knowing just how to attach the scissors to the Mannequin's wrist "bones" so that they were functional, clamping thin wires and a spring. It would hold, but not for long.

The steamstress shoved the disembodied metal hand into her holster and moved to the other one, repeating the process as Corduroy snipped the air a few times curiously. Within minutes the other scissors were on, and her Mannequin was a makeshift Coryphee. It didn't have the grace of its better-constructed sisters, but at least it could defend itself-- and, by extension, Tuesday. That was what really mattered, after all.

Karn's ears twitched at the sound of the Screams and then shuddered at the crash. Standing up he cast his gaze back towards the party and sniffed the air.

With a frown he let go of the roof and took off at a run down it's side. Reaching the edge he lept for the next roof, easily landing mid way up it. Digging his claws in he continued this way until reachiing a House accross from the party. Leaping clear off it he lands in the middle of the street as silent as a cat, his tail whipping out behind him as he sees the two large holes in the house.

"Curse the Blood! She can't summon them here, we've already got enough attention."

Hearing the sound of approaching hooves he darts into the house through one of the gaping holes. Landing just behind one of the larger Nephilim he grabs it bythe tail and pulls. The creature turning to him in surprised before with a grunt, he hurls the creature out through the hole it entered.

"Hayzel! Send them away before you bring down the Hunters on us!"

He leaps under the claws of the other, and rolls to his feat just infront of Tuesday, Elril, and Corduroy. He opens his arms wide and takes the creatures tail to his chest, trying to sieze hold of it as it whips by.

"Oophh..... you all may want to get out of here... the Guard will be here in minutes if they aren't already."

With a growl he tosses the tail to the side and grabs hold of it's large claw.

"Hayzel! Call him off, we need to get out of hear if we want any chance of stopping whatever it is."

He fixes the Princess with his gaze, grunting as the Nephilim's tail slams into his side.

Hayzels' anger subsided slightly, so she pouted instead. She was having such fun with her pets. She screeched and the Nephs calmed instantly.

"Good boys!" She cooed at them, petting their chests with her bloody hands. "Now go!" They took off with what could only be described as a sullen look. Hayzel sighed, then flew over to Karn.

"I'm sorry Master, but I really couldn't help myself this time. They have her Master and they are hurting her." She leant in to his ear.

"They are killing her." She whispered. Her nails had retracted, but her wings remained occasionally flapping furiously, showing her disdain.

Hayzel looked around sheepishly at the messy floor, and the blood everywhere. Her eyes darted to the guests, and she giggled a little.

"What a show eh people?!" She twirled, took Karn's hand and took flight.

"Well put, Ms Tuesday" Elril states as he follows Tuesday away from the scuffle. He watches carefully as Tuesday performs her ministrations on her mannequin. Knowing their reputation for protectiveness, but not robustness Elril says" Miss, it might be better if we retreated up the stairs a bit. Karn, can take care of himself, but much less so with us in the way."

Elril reaches into a pocket with his left hand and when it comes out he has a ring on each finger. As he clenches and unclenches his hands, wiggling his fingers, small sparks flash back and forth between them. His right hand produces a glass bottle filled with a dark vapor.

"I don't know why the guildsmen are so thick on this place, but their trigger happiness is going to make things dicey for anyone wishing to continue breathing shortly." Trying to lead Tuesday and corderoy away from the melee he throws the bottle into the room with the band, which rapidly fills with a thick, obscuring smoke. Noticing the gremlin for the first time, he feels a moment of sympathy for the little guy in such a big guy fight. I figure he will know which way to run at least...

Sitting in front one of the front windows. Dan'o pulled out a pen, and a sketch pad and started to draw. Catching his attention, Deadpool rudely walks away from a captavited guildsmen, to see what Dan'o is drawing. Dan'o finishes his sketch looks up at Deadpool. Dan'o picks up his chair and moves it 4 feet left of the window, leaving Deadpool standing there with a smile hidden by his mask.

"Dan'o I think your wrong on this one. I mean your never wrong but this time.....the last time I got mistaken for a guil......"

Not a second later a mature nephilim burst thru the window behind Deadpool. Deadpool looks at Dan'o knowing he was wrong and started to laugh, which chimed in with Hayzel. The mature then mistaking Deadpool as a Guildsmen do to the ridiculous amount of red he was wearing grabbed him with his giant hands, and tore him in half near second off from being in unison with the other mature, who tore apart Hayzel's assailant. The Mature dropped the two halves of Deadpool in to his own entrails. The informant's daughter and her friends shrieked and the sight of blood, guts and nephilim. Dan'o glares at the pile of Deadpool, then looks back at his sketch pad, continues to draw a new picture drowding out the histeria with his music player.

Tuesday nodded, following Elril out of the room and upstairs. Corduroy kept up easily, staying just far enough behind that it could take swipes at anyone following them. Tuesday tried to drag it along, aware of Mannequins' tendency to overestimate their prowess in battle, but was content enough to let it try and distract any assailants. It was armored, and she had enough to make quick repairs here.

She was a bit slow going up the stairs, but with one hand on the banister was able to keep up well enough. She paused on the first landing, looking over the chaos that the ball had devolved into. "Is there any sort of fire escape up here?" she asked Elril, not even sure why he would know but wanting to find an alternate way out of the house, just in case.

The gathering smoke didn't appear to bother the Gremlin much. All told, once you had lived in the Bayou for a while you became accustomed to far worse stenches than a little smoke.

More importantly, this fight was starting to leave an awful mess! Dumb Luck scowled, placing his fists at his side. This would not do! He dissapeared briefly into a room next door and returned with a fresh brush. Whistling to himself, the Gremlin started to brush at the blood on the floor. He failed to notice that he didn't have the right tool for the job, but this seemed only to make him sweep harder.

Mr. Long, finding himself holding several glasses and a plate piled quite high with hors d'oeuvres (courtesy of Dumb Luck's persistent butlering) watched the brief spat of chaos without reaction, until what would appear to be one of Deadpool's kidneys bounced off of his mask and landed in one of his glasses of champagne. Then, placing his collection of untouched foods carefully onto a nearby table, he removed his mask and began to clean the blood off with a handkerchief.

The face beneath was as plain as his suit, but very pale. Dark brown hair and matching eyes, around which dark circles marked a lack of sleep.

Returning his cleaned mask to his face, he made his way to where Doctor Amos stood and put a matching wager into his hat.

Edited by Kagelong

Upon reentering the city limits, nicodem placed a hand on Mr. Wyrds shoulder to halt him. "Don't move Mr. Wyrd." Nicodem whispered, "look up", Mr. Wyrd glanced into the dark sky to see three large winged creatures fly overhead and smash into the ball room mere yards infront of them.

"Hurry Mr. Wyrd we need to unlock some ofs your powers if the neverborn are present, in your current state you will be torn to shreds. Hurry while the guardsmen are busy we must get to the body."

Off they went down the alley where the body lay. It was torn in half, entrails spralled everywhere, blood spattered against the alley walls. Nicodem motioned for Mr. Wyrd to place his empty soulstone next to the victim. When he did it began to vibrate, then it lit up and began to pulsate. Mr. Wyrd felt something inside him stir up, "crush the stone in your hand and relax as it enters your body." Nicodem said. Mr. Wyrd crushed the stone and felt its energy swirl around him, he felt lighter, but was lifted up towards the sky a mere foot. Nicodem watched as the essence mares it way into Mr. Wyrd, he saw the change that he was hoping for as well. Mr. Wyrds left arm began to rot away, he then began to scream in pain as his arm fell off completely. "No worries Mr. Wyrd, I can fix that, just relax and listen to the power within."

When it was over, Mr. Wyrd blacked out from the pain. When he awoke, he could hear voices, he looked over and nicdeom was glowing, and attaching something to where his arm would be. It looked like a mechanical arm, but it wasn't moving until nicodem placed a soulstone inside of it. Mr. Wyrd felt it attach itself to his muscle and tissue, and felt it link to his brain as if it was a normal arm. He began to move it, "hold on now, let it fully link to your body", he looked at the tubes as they filled with his blood, but The blood was glowing a bright blue. "Why is my blood glowing." "It is the soulstone mending your wound, it will glow like that for a very long time, maybe even forever." Nicodem lifted Mr. Wyrd to his feet and pointed at a window, Mr. Wyrd looked and seen he had completely changed, he looked 3 years older and his hair grew all the way down to below his shoulder blades. The main thing that worried him is his right side of his hair was pure white, and his eyes were glowing green. "Wh......what happened to me?"

Nicodem smirked, "you have become your dream, only.....in malifaux you change when your power is unlocked." Pointing to his leg and lifting his goggles revealing his glowing eyes. "You have become a resser....but not just any resser, from you essence I sense you have become a damn fine resser my boy. Yes aging is part of it, but it didn't affect you as much it did me. Hahaha." Now lets see what you can really do........Nicodem and the new Mr. Wyrd strolled off towards the ballroom again.

Alleycat looked at the card that Lydia had grabbed but not looked at before Hayzel had dragged her off. The Tower. With a sigh,he collected the cards and replaced them in his holster. Afterwards he slips into a side hallway and seems to fade from notice.

Appearing out of the shadows as Lydia begins running barefoot away from the house,He begins following her,catching up to her easily. "I would guess from your rapid departure that you are after something. Care for a second pair of hands to help out?" Seeing Lydia's skeptical look,Alleycat smiles "I owe Black a favor. Figure helping keep you safe will do well enough."

Karn barely moved as Hayzel whispered into his ear, but his barbed tail gave a dangerous flick as he heard the words. His hand holds onto hers as she lifts them up out of the house.

"Hayzel we can't just go charging in there. We need more information.... she will be alright for now, they can't kill her that easily. But you need to stay hidden right now... they are trying to lure you in."

*He lets go of her hand and falls the few feet to the roof bellow, landing easily. He turns his head and snifs the air*

"There are more Guard coming.... and constructs... I can smell their stench from here."

He looks back to Hayzel

"Find Black and stick with him, he could use the protection and he's.... a friend I suppose. Tell him whats happening and see what he has to say.... I need to go look into something."

Seeing the look in her eyes he steels his gaze.

"She will be alright, she's very tough remember? Use a Soulstone or two to reinforce her. We need to act fast but there is more going on here then this one plot... I need to see to another. I'll be back... I'll help you get her back."

He gives her one last look before turning and seeming to vanish into the air.

A few streets away his feet pounded the stone of the road as he raced towards the burst of magic he felt. The smell of decay... and this feeling of magic. It had to be a Ressurectionist and a powerful one to boot. Mid step he lept high up onto another roof and vaulted off the other side before seeming to vanish and appear on the roof accross the street. Coming to a silent stop he looked down upon the head of Mr Wyrd, some 2 stories bellow him. What was this man doing out here alone.... and why so close to the burst of magic he had felt.... For now, Karn chose to wait and watch...the shadows clinging to his skin and cloths as he faded into them.

Edited by karn987

Hurrying back to the ball room, Mr. Wyrd noticed that everything seemed brighter. He could see down every alley, seeing all the critters scurry back and forth. Did this transformation give him dark vision? He wasn't sure, he didn't care, there was new energy running through him that wasn't there before and he liked it. "Now when we get there be on your guard, nephilim are fast bugers. So quickly for your arm, it may be sore still, but it is controlled like a normal arm, just it isn't a normal arm. Qucikly think of a sword." Mr. Wyrd thought of a broadsword, his arm began to move, shift, change.....what was going on, and in mere moments his arm formed into a broadsword blade. He was astounded, this was amazing but his arm grew heavy. "Don't get to out of control there boy, your arm is fueled by a soulstone, making it change will drain it, so you have to keep it fueled."

Keep it fueled, do I have to kill people just to use it.....that can't be, I don't want another criminal record. Ill figure that out later, time to switch back. Mr. Wyrd thought of his hand and it switched back to its mechanical self. "Here I was holding on to this, but it is a advanced soulstone, ill exchange it with your current one as it seems you'll only get three shifts from a normal stone. Should have thought that through, anyways second lesson, using the power of the dead." This is what Mr. Wyrd was waiting for, his time for glory. "It will be real hard your first time." They finally reached the ball when a defaced guradsmen was thrown through the window. "Oh look, your lucky day." Nicodem smirked, "to raise the dead you must concentrate on reanimating it muscles, control its movements with your mind." Mr. Wyrd knew exactly what Nicodem was talking about and concentrated slightly on the guradsmen, it began convulsing violently and stopped. Laying motionless, "too much boyo, alittle less concentration this time. Feel yourself entering the corpse and moving it."

How much less could he concentrate, he barley put any thought into that last attempt. Second try...here we go.....must defnd myself.......then an image shot into Mr. Wyrds mind, the image of a perfectly reanimated corpse, nothing like the kind he saw at the quarantine zone, It stood and moved like a normal person. When the image was gone his sight came back and seen the guardsman standing infront of him perfectly erect, not slouching at all. Nicodem grinned, "I knew it, you are what I felt. You have the innate ability to raise the dead so perfectly, that the cannibalistic ways are gone. They have perfect posture, and seem to be living, well......to an extent." Looking at the faceless guardsmen, to to his surprise the blood from The torn face began to run down its clothes. Then the skin began to mend itself, creating a new face. Was this really happenig.....suddenly something grabbed nicodems shoulder, he turned to see the corpse from the alley, fully regenerated and standing behind him smiling. What was going on, he turned to Mr. Wyrd to find him gazing at his creations, "Mr. Wyrd did you bring this one back as well?" "I believe so, I pictured her as well when concentrating." This was absurd, to the extent that he already possessed powers greater than his own. Nicodem smiled, "my dear boy, do you know what this means?" He looked at Mr. Wyrd who seemed to have gotten a very few more white hairs on his left side now. Now nicodem knew why they were perfect and his range was increased, Mr. Wyrd is using his own spirit to reanimate them. This had to stop, he would kill himself slowly.......how would nicodem explain this to Mr. Wyrd?

Bullets whizzing through the air drew Elril's attention as the small group retreated up the stairs. The guardsmen outside had started to fire blindly into the smoke, not realizing that the nephilium had already fled. Arriving at the top of the stairs Elril notices a figure in an open jacket, approaching a door framed in light.

Helping Tuesday negotiate the last few steps, "excuse me sir, do you know if there is any other way out of here?" Elril asks Absolution Black. "Things are getting rather too interesting downstairs."

Mr. Wyrd seemed ecstatic about his two newly risen corpses. "Mr. Wyrd may I ask you something?" Nicodem asked, "sure." Nicodem continued, "when you rose these two, did it feel like you were putting yourself into them?" Mr. W replied, " yes it did, it was mentally exhuasting." "Well the way you did it is killing you." Nicodem plainly and blatantly said. Mr. W now staring at nicodem smiled, "your kidding right?" "#im affraid not my dear boy, you have gotten more white strands of hair now." "How do I do it like you so I don't die?" Mr. W replied. "That my dear boy is a mystery, you will have to figure that out yourself, next time you try it, don't think so deeply into reanimating them perfectly." "I will try, next time."

"Now its time to see your true offensive ability Mr. Wyrd. Mine is the ability to decay things to the state of nothing. To manifest this power you must focus on the target and release your anger, guilt, and grief from your hands. Like so." Nicodem created a ball of decay that landed on the reanimated corpse of the female, doing no harm. "Now release the "belle" and try to manifest yours." Mr. Wyrd disconnected his mind link to the belle who became enraged and attacked nicodem. Mr. Wyrd gathered all his anger, guilt and grief and focuses on his hands. A blue light began to glow in his palm, nicodem moved out from the belles grasp as Mr. Wyrd flung his hands forward launching a blue ball of liquid onto the belle. It seemed to do nothing until the belle began to dissipate where the liquid was, leaving a hole of nothing.

Nicodem smiled, "your power seems to speed up the decaying process by an infinite variable. We shall call it, time lapse."

Staring at the corpse, Mr. Wyrd began to concentrate on reanimating it, this time not perfectly. And it worked, she was a holey belle, limped over and slouching. Then from nowhere something crashed into Mr. Wyrds back launching him towards nicodem. Nicodem side stepped the incoming Mr. W and seen that a young nephilim accompanied by two terror tots was standing where Mr. W was.

This could get bad, nicodem thought.......

"I was fine until this creature slammed into me." Pointing at the young nephilim who slammed him. As he spoke a terror tot charged at Mr. Wyrd, with a flick of the wrist nicodem shot a ball of decay onto the small creature and is splashed onto the other two. Killing the two small creatures, but it seemed to only enrage the bigger one. With that tags big one charged nicodem and slammed him to the ground clawing at nicodem. "This is your chance Mr. W, will your perfect corpse to attack, do it now!!!" Nicodem pushed up the creature away from his face, Mr. W willed his creation to attack the nephilim. The reanimated guardsmen lifted his pistol ever so gently and fire two shot directly into the back of the head of the flailing creature. Blackblood poured from its wound burning the ground, nicodem quickly pushed the creature off of him so the blood didn't harm him. Lifting himself up, the beaten and battered nicodem smiled and said, "well Mr. W this is where I bid you ado, you have learned alot in the day you've been here, but I must address these wounds." A fog began to roll in and nicodem dissapeared from sight, a voice from a distance said, "remember boy, watch your spiritual reanimation, only do it when necessary." Mr. Wyrd knew it was nicodem who said that.

Mr. Wyrd turned to the man who sliced his belle in half, "well sir, I think I'm doing fine, but we should get inside the ball, I seen 3 much larger creatures fly into the ball, hurry lets get moving."

Mr. Wyrd turned and made his way to the door of the ball, willing his guardsman to follow him to the door, they both entered the ball.......