An attempt at character creation.

Chucklemonkey

As some of you may know I have been writing a few stories in the writing room forum with a character by the name of Stryder. Sitting bored this evening I decided I would like to see how I could translate him into an actual game peice. His backstory very much makes him lean towards being a utility peice and I would love to hear thoughts as to whether the profile I created would be at all useful in game.

I was thinking somewhere in the region of a 5 or 6 soulstone cost (leaning towards 6).

Graeme Stryder

Mercenary, Unique

Wk/Ch Ht Wp Ca Df Wd

3/5 1 5 5 6:tomes 6

Sturdy wooden Cane

Cb 4

1/2/3

Abilities

Hidden knowledge: While in play, increase the hiring crews control hand by one card.

Finders Keepers: All interact actions taken by this model are counted as a (0) action, ignoring the listed cost. In addition, interact actions involving this model but not taken by him also become (0) actions.

Protect the lost: This models Willpower is increased to 7 if any of the following models are in play: The Stolen, Malifaux Child, Candy, Baby Kade, the Dreamer. This models willpower is reduced to 3 if any of the listed models are killed or sacrificed.

Guild Friend: Crews containing this model may hire one Guild Guard model at base cost and ignoring all other hiring restrictions.

Companion: Guild Guard

Harmless

Triggers

Quick Learner (DF): (:tomes,:tomes) If a model fails in a combat duel against this model it may not use the same weapon to make any further attacks against this model during its current activation.

Not on his watch (DF): (:tomes, :rams) A friendly guild guard model within melee range of the attacker may make an immediate strike against that attacker

Spells

No threat (1): Re-activate harmless (Ca 12:tomes,Rg:self, Df -)

Re-enforced confidence (1): Increase a friendly guild guard models Wk/Ch, Ca, WP or CB by 1/ (Ca 16 :rams, Rg:8, Df-)

Edited by Chucklemonkey

I like his triggers the most. I think they are creative and yet not that powerful. The quick learner trigger not only requires him to get the Tomes.gifx2 but its also dependent on the opponent missing which makes it that much more difficult to get off. I have mixed feeling about the "finders keepers" ability. First im not really sure what

interact actions involving this model but not taken by him also become (0) actions
means. Can you give me an example of how you intend it to be used in the game? Also I would limit it to a 1ap interact action. I think this would balance it a little more because there are some interact actions that require (2) and that would make certain strategies such as a line in the sand and deliver message much easier to accomplish.

Protect the lost: This models Willpower is increased to 7 if any of the following models are in play: The Stolen, Malifaux Child, Candy, Baby Kade, the Dreamer. This models willpower is reduced to 3 until the end of the turm, if any of the listed models are killed or sacrificed.

I feel like this gives him some more balance, and a little stronger

As some of you may know I have been writing a few stories in the writing room forum with a character by the name of Stryder. Sitting bored this evening I decided I would like to see how I could translate him into an actual game peice. His backstory very much makes him lean towards being a utility peice and I would love to hear thoughts as to whether the profile I created would be at all useful in game.

I was thinking somewhere in the region of a 5 or 6 soulstone cost (leaning towards 6).

Graeme Stryder

Mercenary, Unique

Wk/Ch 3/5 Ht 1 Wp 5 Ca 5 Df 6:tomes Wd 6

Sturdy wooden Cane

Rg 1:melee

Cb 4

1/2/3

Just cleaning things and giving a Rg to his Sturdy wooden Cane, that i think is best