Guild Autopsies?

I see them recommended but on paper they seem kinda bad compared to, say, Necropunks or Crooked Men. I'm most likely missing something. Anyone know?

Where did you see them recommended?

But to be truthful, I don't think I would ever take them at the start of a game. Desperate Mercs give you ranged support for a cheaper price, plus drop corpses. However in the late game with McMourning if you need a cheap significant model to take an objective or a ranged option they are your only choice.

Edited by Ratty

Where did you see them recommended?

On a different board but twice now by different people.

But to be truthful, I don't think I would ever take them at the start of a game. Desperate Mercs give you ranged support for a cheaper price, plus drop corpses. However in the late game with McMourning if you need a cheap significant model to take an objective or a ranged option they are your only choice.

Ah, OK, that was kinda my thinking on the matter. Thank you! :)

I see them recommended but on paper they seem kinda bad compared to, say, Necropunks or Crooked Men. I'm most likely missing something. Anyone know?

You're not missing anything, they are that bad.

Rezzers have a phenomenal set of 3 and 4 point troops, the most notable being Belles (best 4 points in the game imho). I dont rate Crooked Men that highly personally but I'd rather spend 4 on them than 3 on an Autopsy. Night Terrors are pretty great also for grabbing objectives and being a general pain in the ass to kill.

Gaki are also a fantastic 3 point choice, and not just for Kirai. They have fantastic maneuverability/speed, good survivability for their points (a spirit of course and super eay to hide thanks to ht 1), and they have a pretty ridiculous set of abilities for a 3 point model too. They have low stats as a drawback, but overall, they're superb.

Edited by Calmdown

Rezzers have a phenomenal set of 3 and 4 point troops, the most notable being Belles (best 4 points in the game imho). I dont rate Crooked Men that highly personally but I'd rather spend 4 on them than 3 on an Autopsy. Night Terrors are pretty great also for grabbing objectives and being a general pain in the ass to kill.

Ah yeah, I seem to always take at least two Belles so they aren't competing for the same slots in my force as the Autopsies would have, so to speak.

Gaki are also a fantastic 3 point choice, and not just for Kirai. They have fantastic maneuverability/speed, good survivability for their points (a spirit of course and super eay to hide thanks to ht 1), and they have a pretty ridiculous set of abilities for a 3 point model too. They have low stats as a drawback, but overall, they're superb.

Ooh, I hadn't considered them since I don't play Kirai (just Seamus and, well, Nicodem as soon as I can think of how to do Mindless zombies without duplicate minis), but now that you point it out, they seem like they would work very nicely for Seamus, at least. With the new profile for the Night Terrors, I could see an out-activation strat working nicely for the Ressers.

Edited by Math Mathonwy

I would take them if I was playing against Guild, and mostly if I was playing with Seamus. I guess I would hope not to play Hoffman. The whole Wp aspect of them lines up with the Hatter well, and making opponents fall back is brutal. Also I think people underestimate the importance of being able to cheat. Rezzers have very little shooting (I am not counting spells since it is more unreliable then a shot, and you can not cheat after the fact, which is clutch to draining peoples hands).

I would take them if I was playing against Guild, and mostly if I was playing with Seamus. I guess I would hope not to play Hoffman. The whole Wp aspect of them lines up with the Hatter well, and making opponents fall back is brutal. Also I think people underestimate the importance of being able to cheat. Rezzers have very little shooting (I am not counting spells since it is more unreliable then a shot, and you can not cheat after the fact, which is clutch to draining peoples hands).

But you have Belles... a 18" Ca 8 Lure does a very similar job to a gun, they also drop corpse counters and are Hard to Wound not Easy to Wound 2.

As a summon ... maybe, if playing against a predominately living guild crew then they have their uses, but they still cost body parts plus the 10+:crows to bring them into play. Taking them in a starting crew, that really relies on body parts/corpses, I personally wouldnt use them. It is a shame as concept wise I love the entry. Ratty has pretty well said everything else that echoes my thoughts on the topic.