Checking on some rules interpretations

Ferb

Question

Hi,

A few things came up in tonites game we weren't sure about:

1. The people I've been playing at the club say that if you flip a Black Joker that ends the models activation. As they've played many more games than me I've just accepted it. But I was playing someone new tonite and they said it didn't end the activation and I couldn't find anywhere in the rules that does say it ends activation. So does it just effectively end the action as its a zero or end the whole activation.

2. Can you cheat a damage prevention flip? On P48 in the Healing para it specifically says that you can't cheat a healing flip. But the damage prevention paragraph makes no mention of cheating being prohibited. As damage prevention is not a game effect that heals wounds (as they havn't happened yet) it would seem that you can cheat on the flip. Am I right?

3. If you are in melee and stay within the 1st models melee range can you move or be pushed so you that can melee a different model or do you have to keep attacking the 1st model?

Thanks,

Ferb

9 answers to this question

1. They're playing it wrong. Nothing about the black joker ends a model's activation. You just have to live with the Black Joker. If a model has Use Soulstone, a stone can be burned to improve the result, too.

2. Nope. You get a flip and you live with the result.

3. Yes. It'll still cost a model an AP, of course. If the model leaves the melee range, it'll get a free strike against it, too.

Hi,

3. If you are in melee and stay within the 1st models melee range can you move or be pushed so you that can melee a different model or do you have to keep attacking the 1st model?

Thanks,

Ferb

Furthermore, if it's a push it will ignore the disengaging strikes, so you can go wherever you like (following the rules of whatever is pushing you such as directly towards, towards, to within, etc.)

One thing I forgot about damage prevention. The question came up a model with 4 Wds left that took 6 Dg and flipped to save 2 wounds. Does this mean the model dies because 6-2 is 4 and the model only had 4 wounds. Or that the model only takes 2 Wds because the 6 Dg could only convert to the 4 Wds the model had left and 4-2 is 2 Wds?

Thanks,

Ferb