Cassandra Q

thatnicguy

Question

No manual at hand right now, but I don't believe there's any rule mentioning attackers trump the defenders in case of conflict. In fact, ideally there's never a conflict - you work every case as a logic equation and you get an outcome which tells you which ability wins.

It's only Ryle's unique wording that makes this controversial (not only immune, but also to talents and spells rather than wp duels themselves).

There's a rule about timing of effects, which tell us that in case effects are simultaneous the acting model's effect goes first, but that's irrelevant here, I believe.

thats the one I was thinking of, the acting ability rule.

It's only Ryle's unique wording that makes this controversial (not only immune' date=' but also to talents and spells rather than wp duels themselves).[/quote']

He's not as unique as you think. Molemen can also attack Performers freely for the same reason as Ryle. Let's say Ryle was only immune to the duels and not the talents and spells, how would this actually be different in the case of the Performer?

Ratty posted this quote in a different thread earlier this morning, regarding LJ ("Blind Justice") versus Pandy:

Ignore is for when your acting against a model with an ability.

Immune is when your being attacked by a model with an ability.

So Ignore effects on your card would be used when your acting.

Immune effects on your card would be used when your opponent is acting.

Which is why Immune to Influence does not stop Terrifying.

So yes it would allow you to target Pandora without a check.

Unfortunately I think I might have been slightly wrong in my definition. I'm trying to work out a better way to phrase it. Though it's quite hard.

Ignore allows you to temporarily remove an ability from a card so you act as if it wasn't there. Eg Perdita can act as if Pandora didn't have Emotional Trauma on her card and shoot her without making a WP check.

Immune means you don't take the effects from the thing your immune to. EG. If I'm immune to Poison, I would just not take the counter.

I'm sure that if something can't be ignored, it would also cover immunities to it. More or less as ignore means you act as if the text wasn't there, can't be ignored means you have to use the text of the ability. So Irresistable would work against something with Breach Psychosis.

I will however check on this and make a final ruling on it when everyone is back from Gencon.

Edited by Ratty

I asked the question about ryle and performer before. The ruling last was he had to do the wp duel. The real only use for breach psychosis offensively is against harmless and terrifying. He's construct so who cares about terrifying. I view as an offensive immune to influence since the ruling. The power sucks for him based on the last ruling.

I asked the question about ryle and performer before. The ruling last was he had to do the wp duel. The real only use for breach psychosis offensively is against harmless and terrifying. He's construct so who cares about terrifying. I view as an offensive immune to influence since the ruling. The power sucks for him based on the last ruling.

He is immune to harmless, performer has harmless that cannot be ignored. That's the problem

I just wanted to make sure this wasn't forgotten. What is the point of breach psychosis (currently for Ryle)?

It looks like a weaker version of Immune to Influence right now (weaker, because it works only against models, not against terrain and encounter related effects).

That sounds bad, but is actually quite powerful. There are masters out there, Nicodem or Pandora for example, who have some really powerful spells with Rst:Wp. Ryle can still laugh in their face.

Can't really count Pandora because of open the box. I think they should change it to ignore just for fluff sake. Right now he just ignores a couple of spells. The main stuff like harmles, pitiful, terrifying (if alive), and irrestiable still affect him right now.

I was just wondering if it was meant to be a weaker version of Immune to Influence.