Leviticus/Hallow Waif and Desolation Engine questions.

mbowsher76

Question

Okay, I have been playing Malifuax since day 1, but just recently got Leveticus. I have a bunch of questions for how he works.

1) If I am able to create a second Hallow Waif, due to the Shackled rule...does that second Waif continue to be re-summoned to Leveticus at the End Closing Phase (even if sacrificed when Levi comes back into play due to Eternally Shackled?)

2) If so, how does a player permanently kill a Waif? Or is it basically that as long as there is a least one Waif alive on the board at the Close Phase, Levi will come back, sacrifice all the Waifs on the board, and then the Waifs that were all sacrificed or killed all get re-summoned to the newly resurrected Leveticus?

3) With Steampunk Abominations, the whole ability Keep Pace...if I place 4 STA in base to base and one at a time move one per activation, do the others continue to get pushed into contact (thus dragging them all over the place?)

4) My biggest question by far. If I activate one Steampunk Abomination at the beginning of a turn and use Concentrated Deformation as my only action for the group of STAs, does the Desolation Engine that replaced the group of four get their remaining APs as well as his own and does he wait to activate or continue their activation? In other words, I have 4 STAs, one uses 1 AP to replace the group with the Engine. This leaves 7 APs (2 APs each -1 for Concentrated Deformation) and the Engines normal 2 APs plus his Melee Expert. Would this honestly give the Engine 9 APs +1 Melee Expert AP? And again, would he activate immediately as he just replaced the models, and was not summoned?

Thanks for your help. I am sure I will have many more as I learn to use this crew!

6 answers to this question

they will both end up coming back since they were both sacrificed during the turn.

to kill them off you need to kill them and levi in the same turn.

as for SPA only ones in base contact with the moving model get pushed, but it is into any point of base contact, including infront, (so move model A, models B,C,D move with him, and B goes infront of A with C on one side and D on the other, and so on) you could happily dance them across the board and have a desolation engine in an enemies depolyment zone turn 1.

but only AP from the currently activating SPA gets moved over (so he would get 1 +melee expert), even if the others haven't activated yet because a model only recieve their AP once a model is activated otherwise its lost

hope this helps :D

Edited by Stern

1) Killed/Sacrificed Waifs are indeed resummoned if Leveticus is in play (which he will if he has just resurrected). Leveticus and Waifs are hard to take out permanently as they all have to be killed on the same turn.

2) By killing all Waifs and Leveticus during the same turn.

3) Yes they all drag along, that's the entire point of the ability. EDIT: Stern gave a better explanation.

4) You got it wrong. Models don't have AP except during their activation. The Engine continues with remaining AP of the active Abomination which will most likely be 1 general AP and Melee Expert.

-Ropetus

You have each SPA move its full 4", dragging the rest of them with.

Then you use your last AP with the final SPA to move to summon the Desolation Engine.

You then only have your melee master AP left, so it isn't always the best idea.

Though, you can also cast Reactivate with Rusty on one of the SPA's to give the Engine Reactivate. Risky...

You have each SPA move its full 4", dragging the rest of them with.

Then you use your last AP with the final SPA to move to summon the Desolation Engine.

You then only have your melee master AP left, so it isn't always the best idea.

Though, you can also cast Reactivate with Rusty on one of the SPA's to give the Engine Reactivate. Risky...

exactly right... only ever done it once with a few desolation engines to get to a bunch of 4 austringers/ lucius/ drill sergeant... the ashes contorted up to help out too ( he is almost as fast)