age for play

tadaka

I know that every one is different however. Those who have played or wyrd. What age would you set this game at. It looks less advanced then most wargames but fairly complex.

Reading the rules and looking at the images I am betting the right age is probably 10+. A really smart 8 or 9 year old could probably get it but younger then that and it probably won't work.

Honestly I would say you could probably go a little lower then 13 but 9 might be a little too low. The basic rules are pretty easy but the interaction of them (and keeping track of all the different things your crew can do) might get a little frustrating to someone that age.

But then I might be Jaded since most of my experience with kids are my friends two and they might not be normal. :)

You do make a good point doc. I had plans to limit what models would be used for the game. Things like bells would be out but there are plenty of options that are a little less adult. I think my kid could handle a teadybear who has teeth fighting other stuffed animals

Perusing the rules there was more to it than I initially thought. This is a good thing for us, but in regards to a 9 year old you may want to get the game down with friends then specifically cater it to her age level. A few figures, flips of the cards to do a few things, etc, having fun with movement and so on.

She'll grow into it for sure.

If that pans out to be a rough experience, there are other CMG type games out there specifically for her age level that might be a good gateway to prepare her for the puppet adventures ahead.

Have fun!

Well kids need to learn about Undead hookers somewhere :)

Honestly looking at the website the Undead Belles don't actually say anything about them being hookers

Confusing Feelings: If this Puppet causes a Rip to a Puppet, that Puppet gains
Confused

Neglected: When this Puppet suffers Rips from an Attack, you may discard a
crowsmall.png
to ignore one Rip.

Relentless: If you Animate this Puppet while already Exhausted, you may discard two cards to ignore the Rip caused by Animating.

So you can probably gloss over it and be okay

Well kids need to learn about Undead hookers somewhere :)

Honestly looking at the website the Undead Belles don't actually say anything about them being hookers

Confusing Feelings: If this Puppet causes a Rip to a Puppet, that Puppet gains
Confused

Neglected: When this Puppet suffers Rips from an Attack, you may discard a
crowsmall.png
to ignore one Rip.

Relentless: If you Animate this Puppet while already Exhausted, you may discard two cards to ignore the Rip caused by Animating.

So you can probably gloss over it and be okay

What's the standard payment for the services of a Puppet Hooker? Buttons?

Having worked for GW, I'll say it depends on the Kid.. there are some kids that are not cut out for models (or even to be honest interaction with other human beings) at 14... others that are absolutely wonderful to play at 10. It's always funny seeing a 10 year old argue the intricacies of charge declaration with your Manager and win.

Everything depends on the Kid.. and to be honest the Parent, it's your job to make sure they treat it in the right way.

Edited by Ratty