• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ca 4

need a 7mask to cast

target-able types are beast, pig, or vermin

Nice, so I have a defense against those bleeding moquitos; that'll come in handy. What other vermin are out there?

So we've got an 11 mask total cast, vs. 14 mask for obey. That's a good balancing for the restriction, I think. If it's a (1) spell, it's not too hard raptor the guy, get Myranda into Waldgeist form with a 5 mask Ca, and cast those furiously off a required 6+ no suit (aka, almost 2/3 of the deck)! Or can it only be cast 1ce/turn? Also, what's the Rg? (Also, also, do you mind me asking so many questions? :))

Still... not horrible, and not an expensive combo, considering you can and probably will use the models for other roles as well (Myranda-7, Raptor-2, McTavish-6+1 for merc... he is a merc, right? = 16 SS's)

Nice, so I have a defense against those bleeding moquitos; that'll come in handy. What other vermin are out there?

So we've got an 11 mask total cast, vs. 14 mask for obey. That's a good balancing for the restriction, I think. If it's a (1) spell, it's not too hard raptor the guy, get Myranda into Waldgeist form with a 5 mask Ca, and cast those furiously off a required 6+ no suit (aka, almost 2/3 of the deck)! Or can it only be cast 1ce/turn? Also, what's the Rg? (Also, also, do you mind me asking so many questions? :))

Still... not horrible, and not an expensive combo, considering you can and probably will use the models for other roles as well (Myranda-7, Raptor-2, McTavish-6+1 for merc... he is a merc, right? = 16 SS's)

Rat catchers are vermin, and they interact for one soo hamelin vs anyone with mctavish and deliver message is kinda funny.

He can only cast it once per turn and its range 8 i think.

Rat catchers are vermin, and they interact for one soo hamelin vs anyone with mctavish and deliver message is kinda funny.

He can only cast it once per turn and its range 8 i think.

Hehe, I kinda like that. I'm looking forward to using that tactic.

Alright, so no ubber-totemming, or quite as much. 'Randa can use it, and aMarc's version as well (for 2ce/turn), and than McTav and aMarc can get one out per turn as well, for a total of 4 of them, which is probably more than you need. Fun to think such things though.

After looking over twisting fates I really like marcus going forward (just as much since day one):

Mauler: great value for his beatstickness, good damage, good mobility, low cost, great target for myranda transform, to alleviate rare 1 limit

Spawn mother: may be great in certain strategies, the spawning pool will be obnoxious, can't wait to put her down, myranda transformable so you may be able to catch ppl off guard by transforming turn 3 or something.

Hm... another question just thought of. Assuming the above are beasts (I think I read that they were s/where else), what sort of Ca's are we looking at for Myranda to take advantage of?

So after a couple weeks off, managed a 6-2 win vs Perdita in shared destroy the evidence, with Marcus killing 24ss worth of shizz in a 35ss game. Woop.

I used; Student of Conflict, 3 x Slurrids, Moleman, Snowstorm, +2SS.

Chose; Sabotage (Got 2 vps), Marcus' one (Got 2 Vps). Also destroyed centre evidence first activation and the 2 outside of his zone.

vs; Perdita (4ss cache total), enslaved neph, executioner, nino, austringer, santiago, 2 x guild hounds.

Chose; Perdita's one (Didn't get), Round up (Didn't get) and got the evidence in my deployment.

Cracking game!

So after a couple weeks off, managed a 6-2 win vs Perdita in shared destroy the evidence, with Marcus killing 24ss worth of shizz in a 35ss game. Woop.

I used; Student of Conflict, 3 x Slurrids, Moleman, Snowstorm, +2SS.

Chose; Sabotage (Got 2 vps), Marcus' one (Got 2 Vps). Also destroyed centre evidence first activation and the 2 outside of his zone.

vs; Perdita (4ss cache total), enslaved neph, executioner, nino, austringer, santiago, 2 x guild hounds.

Chose; Perdita's one (Didn't get), Round up (Didn't get) and got the evidence in my deployment.

Cracking game!

Student of conflict is an interesting choice of totem.

I've done it, but found that generally since the student is so slow and requires 2 AP to grant fast, he's not much use outside of turn 1. Is he how you managed to destroy an evidence marker first activation? Worth it?

I mainly only run the student when I run kaeris (so she can jump out, shoot, cast, jump back). makes her a real damage dealer that's hard to kill/get to. (Also why I think arcanist effigy is her little baby)

I do like the student and its usually good but tbh this game it only was useful turn 1. I only really took him due to shared destroy, as he gives me an auto vp providing my opponent doesn't see it coming/I get initiative.

Marcus and student companion. student gives slurrid fast. Marcus goes. 0s to let slurrid with fast go, then wild hearts with surge for a bit of re hand making, then walks to safety. Slurrid leaps and walks, 2 actions left to get a vp, then 0 to camoflage.

I came up with it for tournament when I was playing Colette in said scenario. :)

Heh. Serves Collette right. No-one out scenarios Marcus! :P

It was a fun game, albeit I was playing against an Arcanist crew by name only! lol

Colette is one of the best Scenario completing masters in the game!..Now i've seen what Marcus and beasts can do, next time Marcus wont be so lucky, he is the runner up Arcanist Master afterall!! :boxing:

Got my book through from my Gencon order along with daddy marcus and his alt :P to be honest I am unsure on the avatar.

My biggest problem is I dont know why there is the need to discard a card for every attack using Chimeric Assault. The big version is fine with the use of a soulstone and then gives you nice damage but I really dont understand why it isnt discard a card to use the baby version and it lasts for the turn.

His obey is very nice as combined with his mark a beast will be at +3cb but they then take a df hit which does turn his beasts into glass hammers, and in a way i think this obey might be aMarcus primary form of attack and not actually put himself in.

Also if you go for it, it should be very easy to accomplish at least one of the manifestation requirements on turn 2 so daddy marcus should be easy to pull out on turn 3. Leaving him with his fast movement and 2 (0) actions.

Yeah, I don't understand why they made the discard a card mechanic like that. And no good way to replenish a hand. He can go, but then the rest of his crew has no cards to work with.

I think Manifesting might be even easier than that. If he can cast Feral on something and kill it by turn 2, then on turn 3 he could just (0) Feral 1st then only need a (1) to Manifest. Then he'd still have a (0) and 2 general AP.

I mainly only run the student when I run kaeris (so she can jump out, shoot, cast, jump back). makes her a real damage dealer that's hard to kill/get to. (Also why I think arcanist effigy is her little baby)

I do like the student and its usually good but tbh this game it only was useful turn 1. I only really took him due to shared destroy, as he gives me an auto vp providing my opponent doesn't see it coming/I get initiative.

Marcus and student companion. student gives slurrid fast. Marcus goes. 0s to let slurrid with fast go, then wild hearts with surge for a bit of re hand making, then walks to safety. Slurrid leaps and walks, 2 actions left to get a vp, then 0 to camoflage.

I came up with it for tournament when I was playing Collete in said scenario. :)

Yeah, I wouldn't have questioned it with Kaeris.

But with just Marcus you would definitely get a raised eyebrow from me. "This guy is planing something..."

Nice move. :)

The greatest problem with Marcus IMO is that he has too many things he can do but not enough AP to be able to do any of it except in the perfect situation - who wants a Master that is situational? (+1) Fast on him would turn him into a great master instead of one that they name bottom-most tiers after. We're not going to get that, so a model that gives a (+1) anything will just about become auto-include in my Marcus list. Plus it can do more than just give that extra CP.

But I love my Jackalope - gunna miss it badly, whenever I can put damage on a model with it I claim a moral victory. My last game I think I put 3 or 4 damage on Sonnia Criid and I think he killed it every turn and it came back the same turn.

I also killed a crooked man in single combat with it once. Dam I'm gunna miss that stupid rabbit!!