Performer and mannequin in slaughter

thatnicguy

Question

15 answers to this question

Not to argue with it but seems strange, wouldn't it be more logical that if you paid for the two as a pair then you would get points for the pair of them being killed, I suppose the mannequin is pretty tricky to kill, does this mean mannequins summoned via disappearing act trigger are not worth any points either? Wording on mannequin replacement trigger is place summoned mannequin to base contact with defender before removing them defender from play. You may think this unlikely i managed to get it twice last game! Woo

Ahh the mannequin thing was right there on the card! Ouch! Have to disagree with the duet thing though slaughter states that a model summoned from the sacrifice of another is worth the points of the model sacrificed so the coryphee duet would be worth the points of both corys (unless like the mannequin in dissapearing act the duet is placed and the corys removed no one sacrificed, my cards are miles away from me :(

Mannequin isn't even the worst Collette can do in a Slaughter. The Coryphee Duet is worth 0 once they dance together.

Collette makes up for her relative difficulty killing things by not giving up many points in return. :D

Afraid not, Duet is worth 14ss in slaughter as it's made up of two 7ss models. Search is your friend (in fact it may be in the new rule book too under the place/replace rules, and even in the slaughter rules itself)

Yeah? Do a search, then, and see if I'm wrong. :D

(Spoiler: I'm not.)

The slaughter rule says that a model that replaces other models is worth the points of the models it replaces. That's all well and good, but the duet doesn't actually replace models. It doesn't meet the condition. Thus it's only worth as many points as are printed on its card, i.e. none, and for basically the same reason that the mannequin's not worth any points.

edit: OK, so that link is a bit old. But still, I did search, and I haven't been able to find anyone official say that the duet is worth points now, and the new rules for slaughter in the RM really don't apply to the duet. I've found people SAYING it does, but that doesn't make it so.

Edited by Chipacabra

How isn't that a replacement effect? They inherit the Wd and the Action points, they continue the activation of the model that initiated the Dance Together action... and I at least remember the rule speaking about sacrificing and then replacing models (writing from memory right now).

The slaughter rule says that a model that replaces other models is worth the points of the models it replaces. That's all well and good, but the duet doesn't actually replace models.

Erm..... are you trolling or are you being serious here?

Got home to my rules, coryphee card says sacrifice coryphee and replace with duet, rules manual slaughter says any model that replaces models and has no points cost is worth the cost or combined cost of models it replaced.

This is right, and therefore duet is worth 14ss.