Battle for Malifaux League reports

Omenbringer

There is so much to tell about, and so much for me to catch up on. I did post a write up of the terra clips Here. I will be bringing them on Thursday and Saturday to show everyone how they look.

Additionally I have everything for Puppetwars and will be bringing that as well. Though I do still have to clean, glue, base, and finally paint the puppets (like there isn't enough on the painting table already).

I did get a real good look at the Alternate sculpts and can say they are absolutely beautiful (regardless of what the nay-sayers are spewing). I will be purchasing several when they come out at the LGS (this is the reason I always promote the game as deceptively low cost of entry, anyone interested in purchasing half a liver or kidney?). Alt Ramos makes me want to purchase his crew box now (like I need any more).

Lastly I purchased a few Avatars and will be bringing them for you all to look at (along with the new book). For those that really enjoy the fluff for the game (who has two thumbs and is making this post...this guy) you are in for a real treat. Talked with Eric (yes the Eric) and he mentioned that there is enough fluff in the book to fill a typical 250 page novel (and no they wouldn't tell me anything about it, so I guess I am going to have to add that to the que of things I have to catch up on). Did I forget to mention the Dead Justice box? Huh, I'll bring that too I guess (really lovely the models btw).

P.S. I have some great news for you all, details during the final two league games.

Day seven results for the Battle for Malifaux League at +1 Gaming Metairie Louisana. 14 players in the league, 9 of which battled it out this Thursday night.

David's Lilith wagered control of a Resurectionist Lab and amassed 3 VP to weasal control of a piece of the Industrial Zone away from Nathan's VonSchill crew who walked away with 2 VP.

Zachs VonSchill wagered control of the sewers managing 5 VP to seize control of a Necropolis from Sean's Vicktoria's crew who withdrew with 4 VP.

Jake's Dreamer wagered control of some Ruins massing a commanding 8 VP and wresting control of the Ancient Ruins from Steven's Lilith who couldn't manage a VP.

Allie's Leveticus was attacked in the Sewers by the Ronin Rasputina controlled by Anthony who tried but couldn't usurp control in a narrow defeat.

And the last battle was fought between John's Vicktoria's who retained control of his Mountain's and garnered control of a piece of the Industrial Zone with 6 VP's against (due to an odd number of players) Garret who gathered 2 VP's.

League Day 7 Results;

1. Jake's Dreamer, 11 controlled locations
  2. Zach's Von Schill, 8 contorlled locations
  3. David's Lilith, 8 controlled locations
  4. John's Viktoria, 8 controlled locations
  5. Steven's Lilith, 7 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  6. Darlene's McMourning, 6 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  7. Nathan's Von Schill, 5 controlled locations (3 Salted)
  8. Craig's Colette, 4 controlled locations
  9. Jeremy's Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations
  10. Wes' Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  11. Allie's Leveticus, 4 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  12. Jason's Sonnia, 3 controlled locations
  13. Sean's Viktoria, 1 controlled locations
  14. Anthony's Rasputina, 0 controlled locations

Day eight results for the Battle for Malifaux League at +1 Gaming Metairie Louisana. 14 players in the league, 6 of which battled it out this Saturday night.

Jeremy's Lady Justice wagered control of the slums against the a Resurectionist Lab controlled by Sean's Viktoria's crew. The fighting was so intense that both locations have suffered, it will be a long time rebuilding before they will produce anything of value (salted lands).

Allie's Leveticus wagered control of some of the Sewers massing 6 VP and wresting control of some of the Hags Territory from David's Lilith who managed 5 VPs in a narrow defeat.

Nathan's VonSchill was attacked in the Ruins by the Ronin Rasputina controlled by Anthony who tried but couldn't usurp control in a narrow defeat.

League Day 8 Results;

2. Zach's Von Schill, 8 contorlled locations
  3. John's Viktoria, 8 controlled locations
  4. David's Lilith, 7 controlled locations
  5. Steven's Lilith, 7 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  7. Nathan's Von Schill, 6 controlled locations (3 Salted)
  8. Allie's Leveticus, 5 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  9. Craig's Colette, 4 controlled locations
  10. Jeremy's Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  11. Wes' Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  13. Sean's Viktoria, 1 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  14. Anthony's Rasputina, 0 controlled locations (1 Loss)

Day nine results for the Battle for Malifaux League at +1 Gaming Metairie Louisana. 14 players in the league, 6 of which battled it out this Thursday night.

Steven's Lilith wagered control of the Mountains and amassed a commanding 8 VP to garner control of a Resurectionist Lab from Sean's Viktoria's crew who walked away with 1 VP and became Ronin.

Jake's Dreamer wagered control of some Ruins massing 7 VP and wresting control of the Bogs from Wes' Lady Justice crew who managed 3 VP.

Zach's VonSchill proved he was the real leader of the Freikorp wagering an Arcanist lab against Nathan's imposter VonSchill's Undeveloped territory in a hotly contested battle that ended in a 6 to 5 win.

League Day 9 Results;

1. Jake's Dreamer, 12 controlled locations
  2. Zach's Von Schill, 9 contorlled locations
  3. John's Viktoria, 8 controlled locations
  4. Steven's Lilith, 8 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  5. David's Lilith, 7 controlled locations
  7. Nathan's Von Schill, 5 controlled locations (3 Salted)
  8. Allie's Leveticus, 5 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  9. Craig's Colette, 4 controlled locations
  10. Jeremy's Lady Justice, 4 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  11. Wes' Lady Justice, 3 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  13. Sean's Viktoria, 0 controlled locations
  14. Anthony's Rasputina, 0 controlled locations (2 Losses)

Players in Red are being considered for disqualification for league prizes due to not completing enough league games.

The "Governor of Malifaux" Award (Best Overall) has been clenched by Jake's Dreamer crew. Congratulations on the league victory.

The Best in Faction for Outcast's and the Guild may still be contested (Saturday will determine who has achieved final dominance within these factions).

The "Lanterne Rouge" recipient (Last placed player) has been clenched by Anthony's Rasputina crew. Ah congratulations? Seriously though you have been a great player thru out the league despite the losses. Keep the great attitude.

I am still tabulating the "Ambassador of Malifaux" recipient (Best Sportsman).

Day ten "the final League Day" results for the Battle for Malifaux League at +1 Gaming Metairie Louisana. 11 players in the league (3 dropped due to insuffucient participation), 9 of which battled it out this Saturday night.

Steven's Lilith wagered control of a Gremlin Village and amassed a commanding 8 VP to garner control of some of the Bayous Edge from Wes' Lady Justice crew who walked away without a single VP.

Jermey's Lady Justice wagered control of a Guild Library massing 6 VP and wresting control of some Ruins from Nathan's VonSchill crew who couldn't post a single VP.

In a wyrd Twist of Fate (hee, hee, couldn't resist) the Ronin Anthony's Raputina crew managed an underdog defeat of League champion Jake (his first of the league). It was a narrow victory of 6 to 5 VP bringing Anthony out of last place (so much for clinching the Lantern Rouge award).

The Ronin Sean's Viktoria's targeted the Industrial Zone controlled by Allie's Leveticus' crew and the battle was a stalement but so intense it left the area decimated (leaving Allie with another Salted Land and Sean now confirmed in Last Place).

And the last game played in the league was between David's Lilith crew who wagered control of some of the Hag's Territory against a Cave controlled by Jerry (henceforth known as league scab #3) runnning my Lady Justice crew (does this mean I can enter the Artisan of Malifaux comp?). In the battle of the Greatswords Lilith sadly couldn't pull off the win against Jerry.

Final League Standings;

2. Zach's Von Schill, 9 contorlled locations
  3. Steven's Lilith, 9 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  4. John's Viktoria, 8 controlled locations
  5. David's Lilith, 6 controlled locations
  6. Jeremy's Lady Justice, 5 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  7. Allie's Leveticus, 5 controlled locations (2 Salted)
  8. Nathan's Von Schill, 4 controlled locations (3 Salted)
  9. Wes' Lady Justice, 2 controlled locations (1 Salted)
  10. Anthony's Rasputina, 1 controlled locations
  11. Sean's Viktoria, 0 controlled locations

Final League awards:

The "Governor of Malifaux" Award (Best Overall) has been clenched by Jake's Dreamer crew. Congratulations on the league victory.

The Best in Faction for the Outcast's is Zach with his VonSchill crew.

The Best in Faction for the Guild is Jeremy and his Lady Justice crew.

And thanks to his victory over Jake and regaining control of a location, the Best in Faction for the Arcanists is Anthony's Rasputina crew.

The "Lanterne Rouge" recipient (Last placed player) has now been awarded to Sean and his Viktoria's. Perhaps the prize of a Student of Conflict will help turn the tide in the next league.

Congratulations to all the winners, participants and most importantly my League Scabs that made this 5 week escapade an enjoyable success. Your league award certificates and prizes will be available for pickup at +1 Gaming this Saturday. (except for Jake who has already claimed his)

I am still tabulating the "Ambassador of Malifaux" recipient (Best Sportsman). I should have this one figured out by Tuesday (thankyou all for being such good sports throughout the event).

Also the "Artisan of Malifaux" award will be decided by forum vote. I will post all the photos in a thread tomorrow (will provide the link in a seperate post) and voting will close Friday night at 11:59 pm US central time.

After tabulating all league report cards (mind you in a very close race) the "Ambassador of Malifaux" recipient (Best Sportsman) is John Simon.

After voting closed last night at 11:59 pm the "Artisan of Malifaux" award has been claimed by John Simon and his Viktoria's Crew.

Also, figured I would post up two of the league trophies (the third is still under construction);

The Ambassador of Malifaux award:

AmbassadorTeddy3.jpg

AmbassadorTeddy2.jpg

AmbassadorTeddy.jpg

The Lanterne Rouge award (last Place Finisher):

LanternRouge3.jpg

LanternRouge2.jpg

LanternRouge.jpg

Unfortunately I cant attach powerpoints to the forum or I would also show you all the Certificates I made up for all the Awardees.

Once again I would like to congratulate all my league participants for making this first Nawlins league such a success.

I'm flattered and honored that my league mates thought enough of me to award me the sportmanship scores that earned me the award. It was a total surprise and honestly it means much more to me than winning the painting award. Painting's great and all, but what I want most is for my opponents to have a good time. I'm really glad they thought so.

For the league guys- anyone who wants to come in on Thursday evenings in between leagues and sit down and paint with me, please do. I will be more than happy to give instruction, tips, and answer any questions anyone has. I'd like to see everyone improve their skills and paint up models they can be proud of.