Collodi question

WookieeGunner

I just picked up the Collodi starter set and was reading the cards. Came up with something in my head and I just want to see if this would actually work. From my math, the diagonal on a 3x3 board is slightly less then 51 inches.

1) Collodi starts in a corner of the board. He activates and does Puppet Show.

2) Next you activate one of the marionettes that was four inches away (barely in puppet show range). He does Pull Strings three times moving Collodi 49 inches (WK5*3+4 inches gap to start).

3) Next you activate the other three Marionettes in order. They retract to in front of Collodi (it says push to base-to-base, doesn't mention toward). They are now 50 inches away from the corner.

4) Each Marionette does 4 attacks during their activation (Flurry + 1 for fast) on a model that is at the diagonal corner from where Collodi started.

He's still quite good. With 4 Marionettes, you can still move more than 32" which is MORE than enough to reach anything you really want to. Even so, just moving one Marionette up 8", then bringing up Collodi and then snapping your other Marionettes into place can give you pretty incredible strike range, and still get like 10 attacks per turn. It's like the Gremlins, but with melee attacks instead. Not great Cb or Dg stats, but enough card flips that stuff will get through eventually.

Don't forget the marionettes other (0) action that stops your opponent cheating or using soul stones for its next strike makes a big difference when going up against a master or another henchmen.

First 2 turns cast the sack full or whatever it is called to give 2 dolls armour 2 , Hard to kill. Ok you loose an inch to walk and charge on the doll but trust me it is worth it.

Edited by AdrianMills

Don't forget the marionettes other (0) action that stops your opponent cheating or using soul stones for its next strike makes a big difference when going up against a master or another henchmen.

First 2 turns cast the sack full or whatever it is called to give 2 dolls armour 2 , Hard to kill. Ok you loose an inch to walk and charge on the doll but trust me it is worth it.

It also doesn't let you cheat either though, so hopefully you flip well, but that's why they have pairs claws.