Ramos M&SU List

Iamwyrd

So here's my idea for a 35ss list:

Ramos 7ss cache

Kaeris 8ss

Steamborg Executioner 10ss

Mobile Toolkit 3ss

x3 Steampunk Arachnids 9ss

Then my main goal would to be have the toolkit book Ramos And kaeris, Ramos would scavange and throw out spiders, then the spiders run up and get in range and kaeris will sac them to give burning tokens to models in range to fuel her spell.

What do you all think, any improvements. My main goal is to use kaeris.

Edited by Iamwyrd

• 2 weeks later...

Mobile Toolkit(unless the card differs from the RP book) adds +Tome to Ca only, thus Kaeris rarely needs the extra tome since it obviously wont work with Ignite(Cb based shooting attack). Her only spell that needs it is Accelerant which does not have a resist... so any 6+ tome will do. Thus I prefer to run her with an essence of power to help get Immolate out of weak damage for real heavy hitting/long duration area effect.

I to suggest dropping the Steamborg until higher point games, although he has been super handy at taking out combos ie: Leveticus/Waif with knock aside into dangerous terrain. But also super weak against a late turn Nino Ortega or Hans headshot due to the low Df stat.

Edited by Edweird

Yeah, but the extra Tome for Kaeris means you get do Accelerant with ANY 6 or higher, which makes it nearly guaranteed every turn, leaving the other :tomes for stuff like Ignite instead. Plus, Kaeris has Surge as well, like Ramos, so then you get TWO pieces in your crew using Surge every turn.

And you can take BOTH the Toolkit and an Essence of Power. ;)

I've played the Ramos/Kaeris combo several times. I REALLY like it. Even Ramos/Kaeris/Alyce is pretty solid. LOTS of card control. Good ranged attacking options. Let Ramos pump out a few Spiders for some melee interference. Works pretty good for Strategies that don't require too much movement.

Lobo, good point... I to also like the Ramos/Kaeris/Alyce combo, however I am still trying to work Alyce to my needs.

Although back on the Accelerant use, i think you have a fine point... I just tend to run and gun Kaeris a bit more than most and could really benefit by keeping her nearby instead. Also I had not thought about using Kaeris to (1)Overheat arachnids to make scrap for Alyce to make Steampunk Abominations out of... which solves my problem with what to do with Alyce. (Assuming that I can play a tighter midfeild game and resist getting over extended)... something like that should work out like a self regenerating burning minefeild

Edited by Edweird

Meh, I like Alyce just for her 12" attack with solid Cb/Damage, the extra card shenanigans, and being able to use Rust with an 8 :tomes Ca. Makes Rust a VERY difficult spell to resist. I hardly ever actually end up summoning SPAs with her when playing in a Ramos crew. I usually end up using the Scrap for healing or for more Arachnids.