Collodi question

Crooked Grin

Besides the fact that he doesn't have many options how beginner friendly would you rate Collodi (as a master not as a henchmen)?

He's got lots of options(more than most henchman):

Stitched together,

Wicked dolls

Marionettes

Primordial Magic

wouldn't rate him super high on the beginner friendly list though. but he does work exceptionally well when teamed up with he Original Swamp Hag, Zoraida.

Not run him yet as a master but at the moment until more dolls come out this is proabbly the list your are looking

4 Marionettes

3 Stiched Together

4 Wicked Dolls

This leaves you with a 7ss cache (Run something similar with Mrs Z) and it's a pretty good. Just week at range at the mo.

He's in fact very not beginner friendly because of the unique play style he has. The hardest part about him is learning, memorizing, and putting to good use the interactions between his Marionettes and himself. The key is timing your activations and it takes several games to get this down correctly.

He doesn't really break any of the normal convections for the game except the notion of how fast most models are. Collodi is quite possibly the fastest model in the game when used in combination with it's marionettes. So that takes some getting used to but it's not so bad.

Really, and I know I'm saying it again but it is a steep learning curve, learning how to work the Marionettes in the right timing and order takes a while. So you can by all means start off with Collodi and learn the game just fine! Just want to set the fair warning and expectation that it does have a fairly decent learning curve.

So far I mainly run it with Zoraida even though there isn't a ton of synergy between the two. Zoraida is still a great Master with just about any set of Minions.

Zoraida +5ss

Collodi -8ss

Marionettes x4 -8ss

Wicked Doll x3 -9ss

Bad Juju -10ss

Total 35ss with 5cache.

I've had very good luck with this so far. Zoraida serves as a great platform for launching Wicked Dolls off of and her Obey + making more Wicked Dolls can help out a lot. Against the right crews Obey is crushingly powerful and Collodi + Marionettes are a whirlwind of attacks with Bad Juju coming in mid game for the killing blows on your opponent and generally being a massive badass.

The biggest flaw, lots of little models. AE's take this list out quickly if they catch you, so things like Hoffman's Detonate Scrap, Sonnia in general, Shatter from the ice creatures etc will do a large number on you. But it's fun either way!

Edited by karn987

Okay so starting with Collodi isn't a good idea, don't let the Collette in my signature fool you, I have NO experience with Malifaux. It's just that after reading up about Collette she seems very difficult to start with and so my gf quickly claimed Seamus and now I'm torn between Collodi and Rasputina and leave Colette for when we have more experience playing Malifaux.

I've been playing Malifaux for about 4 months and I picked up the Colladi box set as my second crew. It was a spur of the moment choice and I thought he looked pretty sweet.

Last night we played a 3 player game and I lent out my Rapsy crew to a new player I was teaching (he's hooked and getting a couple box sets today) and the other player playing has been in Malifaux for about 6 months. So I ran Colladi's box set and an outcast. Having only read the cards it took a couple turns to get the synergy right and even by the end I still think I need several plays to get it down.

He throws buffs and doesn't have much as far as throwing hard hitting spells so it's that synergy between the dolls that you need to master. Pull strings is a pretty sweet action.

So as mentioned above he is a master that will takensome time to learn. I look forward to playing him again and adding some stitched togethers.