Expanding von schill

chevelle4

I'm new to the game and have purchased von schill and am looking to expand on my outcast models for him. I've already picked up a desperate mercenary and will probably get a few more as an alternative to the freikorps soldier.I'm also considering getting a melee model like johan but was wondering if there are any other melee mercs that work other than taylor an him. I'm open for all advice.

Thanks

Well a great way to expand with VonSchill is getting the Viktorias as you have soem serious melee there with magical weapons to boot and it essentially gives you 3 'master' type models. As you said there is also Johan and Taelor who are very solid and then there is also Misaki although she often needs a litle more finese.

If you like big and ugly you can also look at Killjoy who is expensive but is a beast in melee and summons nicely off cheap models such as the desperate Mercs and also slow to die Friekorpsmen that happen to be close to Von Schill ...

the 3 listed above are the main 3 you should look at next. This is a recurring discussion. I'm also a fan of the new desperate mercenary, 2 SS for a that has stats of a 5SS point model, with a limitation that at the end of turn 3 you pay 1 SS to keep him with another additional 1SS to remove insignificant otherwise he is sacrificed.

If played with the expectation of keeping to turn 6 his abilities are worth the his 3 cost, if not, on the turn of his destruction he is the equivalent of 8 point model.

Hamelin can add an interesting twist to Von Schill and the boys.

Confirmed. I like Hamelin a lot with von Schill, as he gives the Freikorps some movement tricks and works well together with the Librarian. He just makes the Freikorps a bit more unpredictable what I found quite important in some games.