Another one of those "New to Gremlins" Threads...

Regnak

Hey There,

Yep, you've probably read a thread someone has posted like this a million times before... now its my turn! :slug:

I've ordered a few bits and so far I have the following:

- Som'er

- A Pack of Bayou Gremlins

- A Warpig

- The Taxidermist

What should I look to getting next? I need piglets for sure stuffed or normal. Looking for a fun list that a total n00b could try. I should be playing my first game against my Fiancee's NeverBorn... once she finishes painting them that is ;)

yeah get some stuffed pigs and you can have fun with this for a while.

pigbomb assemble line:

get your bro until you kill a gremlin. draw 2 cards and use the corpse to make a stuffed piglet with the taxidermist. start with 3 or 4 stuffed pigs and just keep sending em out as you make em. even if you don't draw the cards for it they each get 3 chances and som'er can keep himself and the dermist healed if need be.

if you play against von schill you're screwed though

another fun one is double warpig double hog whisperer and slop haulers. two flying warpigs that get 2 activations a turn can be tough to deal with. if you don't get the masks then use the slop haulers to reactivate them instead.

Edited by Hookers

I've been looking into playing Somer properly (rather than just a way to use the LaCroix in a brawl) and I can't quite get my head around what a 35SS list with him would look like. A proper list mind - again, not a LaCroix list with Somer added later.

Also, yay Gremlin discussion.

I've been looking into playing Somer properly (rather than just a way to use the LaCroix in a brawl) and I can't quite get my head around what a 35SS list with him would look like. A proper list mind - again, not a LaCroix list with Somer added later.

Also, yay Gremlin discussion.

I am trying to find a nice fun list that doesn't include any of the Lacroix. Should I be looking at Slop Haulers for a Somer list?

You could try Som'er and 17 Gremlins (w/1 ss cache). (I often do Som'er and 12 Gremlins for 25 ss games.)

Keep 1 or 2 back for him to do Git Yer Bro and Take a Swig and send the rest out to swarm your opponent.

They'll drop like flies, but you'll get a whole lot of attacks/actions out of it.

If you do decide to try this, though, I'd go with proxies for your first game or two, in case you end up preferring another Gremlin tactic. (A lot of Warpigs or the infamous alpha stank, for example.)

Once you've decided, then you can get the minis with confidence.

BTW: Since you've got a Taxidermist, you might look into a Pigapult. It's not really as powerful as it looks at first, but it's loads of fun (especially with Stuffed Piglets to throw), and can make a real annoyance of itself to your opponent. (Just don't forget to keep a model near it to do repairs.)

You could try Som'er and 17 Gremlins (w/1 ss cache). (I often do Som'er and 12 Gremlins for 25 ss games.)

Keep 1 or 2 back for him to do Git Yer Bro and Take a Swig and send the rest out to swarm your opponent.

They'll drop like flies, but you'll get a whole lot of attacks/actions out of it.

If you do decide to try this, though, I'd go with proxies for your first game or two, in case you end up preferring another Gremlin tactic. (A lot of Warpigs or the infamous alpha stank, for example.)

Once you've decided, then you can get the minis with confidence.

BTW: Since you've got a Taxidermist, you might look into a Pigapult. It's not really as powerful as it looks at first, but it's loads of fun (especially with Stuffed Piglets to throw), and can make a real annoyance of itself to your opponent. (Just don't forget to keep a model near it to do repairs.)

17 Gremlins?! An intresting option! :D Will try this with some proxies as suggested. Intrested to see how that would work out!

I like the sound of the Pigapult, will look into this and maybe try a proxie as well.

if you are playing som'er you are most likely doing so for pigs.

the two i mentioned earlier i enjoy a lot, and when the pigapult comes out you can take the stuffed pig assembly line list and just shoot them through the air

Will order up some Piggies for my next order :)

Yeah, since the LaCroix box came out I haven't been using much of Som'er either (they are just too fun and too good not too!!!). My local shop league is finished (which I won with LaCroix Gremlins :peace: ), so maybe between playing my Reserrectionists I'll toy around with new Som'er lists too. The Pigapult does come out next month, so that's exciting!

Here is a 35ss list I've been wanting to try.

Som'er - Cache: 2ss

Mosquito - 2ss

Taxidermist - 6ss

3x Stuffed Pigs - 9ss

2x Piglets - 6ss

3x Bayou Gremlins - 6ss

Pigapult - 4ss

It's a lot ammo for the pigapult and enough to do normal taxidermist/stuffed piglet shenanigans!! A few stuffed piglet Bacon Bomb flips and some mosquito pull my finger casts and things will die!!!!

Yeah, since the LaCroix box came out I haven't been using much of Som'er either (they are just too fun and too good not too!!!). My local shop league is finished (which I won with LaCroix Gremlins :peace: ), so maybe between playing my Reserrectionists I'll toy around with new Som'er lists too. The Pigapult does come out next month, so that's exciting!

Here is a 35ss list I've been wanting to try.

Som'er - Cache: 2ss

Mosquito - 2ss

Taxidermist - 6ss

3x Stuffed Pigs - 9ss

2x Piglets - 6ss

3x Bayou Gremlins - 6ss

Pigapult - 4ss

It's a lot ammo for the pigapult and enough to do normal taxidermist/stuffed piglet shenanigans!! A few stuffed piglet Bacon Bomb flips and some mosquito pull my finger casts and things will die!!!!

I really like the sound of that list. One reason is that it includes most of the models I already own :D Thanks for your suggestion! :)

Oh, and its offical... look at my Avatar... I've been Gremlin..ified! :D

I also did my mob 'o Gremlins with Som'er and Ophelia. It worked great.

I kept most of them around Ophelia (for Dammit, Calm Down), and took brutal advantage of Aim High, Boys to pelt an adult Nephilim to death after bogging it down in melee.

Whatever you go with, don't get discouraged. Gremlins are hard to play, but loads of fun. (Especially if you're willing to get silly when you play them--silly caricatures of accents being one of my favorite bits.) :vb_tongue

The trick is finding tactics that work for you.

Edited by Gremlin Swarm

I also did my mob 'o Gremlins with Som'er and Ophelia. It worked great.

I kept most of them around Ophelia (for Dammit, Calm Down), and took brutal advantage of Aim High, Boys to pelt an adult Nephilim to death after bogging it down in melee.

Whatever you go with, don't get discouraged. Gremlins are hard to play, but loads of fun. (Especially if you're willing to get silly when you play them--silly caricatures of accents being one of my favorite bits.) :vb_tongue

The trick is finding tactics that work for you.

I don't care if I win or loose... I just want to look silly doing it! :D

Another Gremlin to the fold, excellent!

Here are some lists I thought up of. A general pig one, a warpig heavy one and a Pult one in that order. I stayed away from mass Gremlin gunline, as the LaCroix can do this much better.

Somer (2 Cache)

2 Skeeters

1`Malifaux Rat

3 Gremlins

Hog Whisperer

Slop Hauler

4 Piglets

Somer (2 Cache)

2 Skeeters

1 Malifaux Rat

3 Gremlins

Hog Whisperer

2 Warpigs

Somer (1 Cache)

2 Skeeters

1 Malifaux Rat

Taxidermist

Pigapult

Warpig

2 Piglets

2 Gremlins

Honestly, I'm not sold on any of the lists. I want to play both of the Gremlin masters (a want to be master of this mini faction, if you will) but whatever Somer can do, the LaCroix seem to have the edge in almost every case. The Pigapult list has potental in shooting but the massed gunline trumps it. Even in moving across the board (which I consider to be the area that Somer might have an edge on his cousins, with a Warpig/Skeeter/Whisperer chain), the LaCroix aren't terrible (Reckless Gremlins in large numbers etc).

I can't seem to find a niche that Somer fulfils well enough to stop me from taking Opheila really. I want him to be more than just the LaCroix's ticket to a Brawl.

Yup, I'm aware of the Pull My Finger page but I was curious in getting opinions from the Somer playing public too! =)

How about taking two Warpigs and two Whisperers? Is that too many Whisperers? The way I see it is that they'd be sorta handy at objective grabbing.

Edited by Dumb Luck

Playing around with Ratty's crew maker (thanks Ratty!) this is the next list I think I'm going to try. I've never run a pig heavy list. Never run a pig actually.

35 Stones

Som'er

1 Skeeter

Gremlin X2

Taxidermist

Hog Whisperer

Rat x2

Piglet x3

Slop Hauler

I figure with list I'll have a ton of healing, git'in and pig callin'. Of course I can see myself getting more involved in killing off my own troops, just for the pure fun of summoning, then killing the enemy or going for my objectives.

I may also dump the Hog Caller and add in a Pigapult. Wouldn't really need him if I'm hurling pigs all over the board.

Slop Haulers have become a staple in my Gremlin lists. I'm addicted to healing flips. I'd really like to get a second Hauler in this list incase a pig gets ahold of them.

How about taking two Warpigs and two Whisperers? Is that too many Whisperers? The way I see it is that they'd be sorta handy at objective grabbing.

I have ran 2 Warpigs a few times and I have usually felt that I would have been better served by taking 4 Piglets and 2 Bayou Gremlins instead. It's a lot more attacks and leaves Som'er with fuel to build the Gremlin Gunline.

Every time I have fielded a Warpig (or two) it has been lackluster at best. They are huge targets, with low Df, and are either dead before they get to do anything or use up all your other models AP keeping them alive. If there is any model in the game that could benefit from armor, its the Warpig.