Mercs costing +1 SS

Naravus

Question

Could someone direct me to the pg number which states that models outside of your faction cost 1 more SS to hire? I've read some cards, the Freikorps Librarian for instance, that reference mercs costing one more but cant find a rule that actually states it.

A reference in either rules manual or the original rule book would be fantastic.

10 answers to this question

Ah, must have skimmed over that. Thanks.

Another question, if I was playing a insurrectionist army and hire jack daw, would he cost +1 or the normal?

Would Killjoy, being hired by neverborn, cost +1 as well as he is a merc, even though he has 'neverborn' as a characteristic?

Another question, if I was playing a insurrectionist army and hire jack daw, would he cost +1 or the normal?

He's still an out-of-faction model, so he costs +1 SS (unless hired by Nicodem, who can hire any Undead model at base cost).

Would Killjoy, being hired by neverborn, cost +1 as well as he is a merc, even though he has 'neverborn' as a characteristic?

Same again. He's still an Outcast, and this guy actually hates the Neverborn.

My understanding is that since he has neverborn listed in his heading that he can be taken by the Neverborn masters at no additional cost.

That understanding is wrong. He is still out of faction, he's an outcast.

Edited by Ratty