Pandora vs Guild...?

sinistercats

Against those specific masters?

In truth what you need is already in the Tactica and Interview. Master those basic techniques and strategies and you will have 90% of what you need to handle any master.

Though that said, these two masters present a rare issue for Pandora (especially Perdita) in that they can bypass Expose Fears.

Lady Justice isn't really that bad, just treat her like any other master and Crew for hte most part. Just be very careful of her spell Blind Justice which can let her models bypass your Expose Fears duel also. Especially if Samael is on the table as he can potentially kill you in a single shot (yes he is very mean). So make liberal use of your SS if your in trouble and be warry about leaving yourself in the open.

Otherwise you can either go for her crew and take them apart rather quickly. Lilitu is great for this, Lure models towards you and basically feed them to Pandora while they are isolated from their Crew. Or you can go straight for Lady Justice and try to kill her off. All it takes is one Self-Loathing with your Trigger to cause serious harm to her and leave her in a relatively easy spot for you to make the finishing blow. That said, she can not bypass Expose Fear herself so you have that protecting you, just be ready to cheat and SS to try and slip away from her if she catchs you as 1 hit from her can potentially kill you.

Against Perdita... well get ready for a very hard battle. A good number of her base crew have Stubborn (+2Wp while defending in a Wp duel) so they start hitting Wp 8 which can make your life a nightmare since it makes Battle-training around the board that much harder. So what you have to do then is focus fire more and eliminate the Crew first while trying to avoid Perdita. Your best bet then is to hide around terrain and use effects like the Stitched Together's Creepy Fog to block LoS to pandora while you focus on Perdita's crew. This is where having a strong melee model will really pay off as once you get up to these guys, they tend to not be all that tough in melee and something like Lelu, Coppelius, Teddy, or the Hooded Rider will make quick work of them. Just remember to protect these models as you go around the board!

When it comes time for Perdita is going to be a lot harder. Your best shot is to try and debuff her with a Madness's PE (no resist to it) so she has the - flip to her Wp duels. You then hit her with Dementia and look for your Trigger. If you get it, she has now Fallen back and has a negative flip to all her duels AND has to make a Wp->13 duel to do any action (even pass). So if you do this to get before she can go, BANG she is hosed for a turn and in real trouble. Just follow up with Sorrows linked to you to increase the damage from each failed Wp duel and have them spam Doldrums on her after she has Activated.

As far as Strategies and Schemes go and Insig... if your just playing with hte Starter box then your at 25ss. Sure that number of Insig's can be an issue for something like Reconoiter... but otherwise it should pose little problem to you. Your models are fast enough to do any interacting you need for the other Strategies. But if you want more Significant models but aren't ready to go to 35ss games yet, then you have a few options.

The best of which are Madness and Stitched Together. Both are cheap and very useful in their own way (read the Tactica entries on them for more details or I would ramble on for a page more). So you could easily Drop Candy and a Sorrow for 2 Stitched or candy for 2 Madness etc. If you feel like you want more melee power, Candy for 2 Tots is popular as is Kade for 2 tots etc.

If you have any more questions, please ask. =)

This is helpful. My mate has just picked up the Perdita box and ive decided to use Pandora for a while. Perdita scares me. Im thinking of taking the hooded rider as he cant be targeted by shooting and if i can hit perdita she cant target him with a charge either.

Just seems an uphill struggle for her.

This is helpful. My mate has just picked up the Perdita box and ive decided to use Pandora for a while. Perdita scares me. Im thinking of taking the hooded rider as he cant be targeted by shooting and if i can hit perdita she cant target him with a charge either.

Just seems an uphill struggle for her.

In reality it's not. The Perdita player is (or probably should be) as afraid of you as you are of her. Your biggest fear is Perdita and shooting past your Expose Fear, but that is only one model which you can deal with quite well. Often your best option is to go for Project Emotions Pity (or maybe the Defense one if your melee model is close to her) and go for your trigger. This way she is soundly debuffed and if you can't finish her, just move back. When she rallies she can still attack you (with a - flip on all her flips) but she can't move. So you just skip back out of her range and pick on her crew. I won a game against Perdita by taking this risk and ramming right into her second turn. Every turn after that I kept causing her to fall back and skirting just out of her LoS or range. Finally about turn 5, I had go after Perdita after she fell back and paralyzed her.

So while you may not be able to kill her all that easily (due to no melee weapon on her besides Bash to Self-Loathing her with), you can still debuff her and effectively neutralize her.

As for the Hooded Rider, yes he does very well as long as you are careful with him. Remember, she has gun fighter so if she gets into melee with him he will catch a few rounds in the face (since it becomes a melee attack so Night can't protect you). Also never discount your Sorrows. They can really do a number on someone and linking one to the Rider and having him drag it around is a nasty trick. His Regen 1 will help offset the Wd it deals to him each turn and this lets you very quickly get one in position without having to rely on Pandora. Besides how can you pass up 2 attempts are Paralyzing someone a turn ;)

• 3 weeks later...