December's Curse, maximum range

edonil

lol sorry meant the silent 1 north wind spell says models with frozen heart get +3 to the range of all abilities spells and ranged weaps.... so in saying that ice mirror is an ability but doesnt gain extra 3" also freeze over doesnt get a bonus as its an action.....

No, it says +3 to Rg. And Rg, like Ratty said, is not range itself. It is a specific stat. Neither Ice Mirror nor Freeze Over have a Rg and as such are totally unaffected.

very strange ruling making me unhappy lol as meaning any strategy you get where mobility is key may as well just concede because a master like pandora that can move so far so quick you just cant compete against...

...why are you picking Rasputina for a movement based strategy in the first place? Malifaux isn't played like that - You get to choose your master after seeing the strategy and terrain.

Yeah, I dunno. Page 11 of the RM under Weapons lists the stat as Range (Rg).

I understand the difference, but really, if I were to list the things I dislike about Malifaux (thankfully, it's a fairly short list), rulings similar to this are near the top. I wouldn't call it "semantics" ... it's more like ... hyper-specifics. The average player reading North Wind is going to assume the bonus applies to everything with a "range" (barring pulses and auras as per the talent). To insist otherwise is certainly counter-intuitive, though I appreciate the distinction in this specific case.

Rulings similar to this represent an aspect of Malifaux I struggle with often as a Henchman attempting to justify the logic to local players.

Edited by Hatchethead

considering raspy is my master i dont have any others so im forced to take what i have.... as for north wind Rg and range I dont see a difference as both require a measurement so its realistically 1 and the same as I said earlier, if its not.. the rules for said spell dont create synergy and should really not exist I also realise that casting through a silent 1 only gives -1 ca but trying to get them to stay alive when your opponents know this is difficult also the crap stats I mentioned before werent raspy it was silent 1 the people I can play have Pandora and her sorrows or the ortegas both of which are very hard to face with a potentially glass army, armour helps but not against wp damage but anyway I'm not really wanting to have a gripe about it that much I only discovered the combo the other day and just dont see why it doesnt work...... so in saying that its no wonder everyone hates the wendigo the decembers acolytes and the ice golem.....