Supply Wagon Query

Mbbelius

Question

Hi all,

Just a quick query on the supply wagon strategy.

At the end of the turn the wagon has to move 6" towards the center of the board but must stop of it comes into contact with a model.

If theres a fair amount of scenery around and the shortest route is blocked by friendly models does it then go the nearest route possible around the terrain or should it just carry straight on and hit the models?

And I don't want to be too cheesy about this but at the very start of the 1st turn, once you have placed your models you then place the supply wagon touching the edge of the board - could you be a bit of a git and place your models such that whichever direction it goes it hits a model and then stops. Therefore until you actually move a model it doesn't go anywhere??

Just would like to know for clarification as if you can that doesn't seem how it was designed to be played.

Cheers all.

6 answers to this question

Supply Wagon says it moves 6" towards the center of the board if it comes into contact with a model it stops. So after you place it, you could more or less work out the most direct route and it follows that route no matter what and if a model gets in the way it stops. The only exception is it would go round new terrain like Ice Pillars.

My reading of the rule in my last game was that it would go around impassable terrain to find the shortest route to the centre of the board, but that if it came into contact with a model, friendly or otherwise, it would stop dead. This can be a help or a hindance, depending on circumstances. I used it to slow the wagon down, but an enemy could use it to deny you VP.

Toward / away from something (another model, a specific point, table edge, etc.) mustmove by the shortest route. A model moving in this manner cannot end the movement further (for toward) or closer (for away from) from the thing than it began. However, the model may move in such a way as to avoid any terrain or impassable items.

Still has to move by the shortest route to the center, just can go round obstacles. Generally this means you have to take whichever route will move it closest to the center.

Still has to move by the shortest route to the center, just can go round obstacles. Generally this means you have to take whichever route will move it closest to the center.

Yeah, this is crucial - it's now the shortest route towards something rather than just ending closer than you started. If I understand it right this means charges can't move past models anymore as well.