Multiple obeys

the one tyrant

Question

10 answers to this question

On her card it says the spell may be cast once per turn. A good thing in my opinion, as it would be really, really dirty with a voodoo doll (and i use Zoraida myself!),

Eh.. It says once per activation. (Edit: and even if it did say once per turn it'd make no difference as 'once per turn' means 'once per turn per model' and outside the Nurse which sacrifices her she doesn't have any means of receiving reactivate.)

Zoraida herself can only cast in once per animation.

Her Totem can cast it aswell however, and she can summon a new Voodoo Doll after the first one cast it, so that way you can get three Obeys per turn from Zoraida + Voodoo Doll.

The Doppelganger could potentially copy the Obey spell and give you a fourth and taking it to the extreme you could also hire Hameline the Ratcatcher who can cast it twice by himself for a total of 6 Obeys per turn..

I highly doubt the effectiveness of such a list though :P

If you could include an Obeyable melee monster that can be Healed (or Heal itself, such as the Executioner), 6 Obeys a Turn could be brutal - the ultimate puppet list, in a sense.

Can't take the executioner, Zoraida can only hire those with a WP of 4 or less. Executioner has a WP of 5.

Not easily, you can typically take a Teddy or Bad JuJu who heal but they're immune to influence, or a Mature who won't heal but is a beat stick that can be obeyed.

Going deeper you can take Lelu and/or Lilitu and hex off their ability which causes wounds if they're on their own (if you only take one). Alternatively you can take Teddy/JuJu and use an Insidious Madness to remove their immunity to WP and then Hex off Immune to Influence for the rest of the game.

Personally I think there's better ways to play Zoraida, but that achieves what you're looking for.

You can use Killjoy or Warpig. They can both be hired and are healing beat sticks.

Killjoy is WAAAAAAAAY expensive and too unpredictable for me, especially to keep in range of obey. And re the warpig, doesn't it have that Pig Charge rule which makes it tough to control? (of course you can Hex it off, but you'd be better with a Lelu then)