Help with Seamus

Gollum528

I am playing in a league where I am restricted to ressurectionists. I have been playing Kirai with quite a bit of success but I'm getting bored with her and want to expand to a different army. I just picked up McMourning and I can tell already he and I are going to be very good friends. I also have Seamus and I believe I'm familiar with all his tricks too. I have played as him twice and both games were very close. I'm scared to use him because I don't feel like he's competitive. Does anyone with more experience with him think differently?? Also, what kind of lists do you bring with him and how do you use him effectively??

I've been playing Seamus for a while now and my own personal opinion is that he absolutely rocks!!

One thing that I would say is that the Red Chapel gang is not a damage output monster but more about denial and board control.

My usual list for 35ss is something like:

Seamus

CCK

Bette Noir

Belles x 3

Crooked Men x 2

6ss pool

Use belles and crooked men for control and to get opponent models into firing range and melee of Seamus, CCK and Bette.

Having come from 40k it was difficult to get used that to win a game you need to complete schemes and strats NOT obliterate your opponent.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Mbbelius

Seamus can be competative. But he really dislikes facing fast crews, lillith and the Vicki's will give him a big head ache. But when facing a slower crew he can really shine with all his range attack support. Bette or the Dead Rider once he releases are great with Seamus. Crooked Men, Belles, and pretty much anything with a Gun is solid. I generally have seamus do a couple things each turn based on the board, Focus Strike with his pistol, Cast Undead Psycosis (Sometimes doing this 3 times isn't a bad move), Use Live for pain on near dead models, Book it away from the enemy, and if I have a left over AP and I'm not sure what else to do I will throw up his terrifying 14, just as an added defense. Just remember that even though he can live through a serious beating, but he is by no means unkillable.

One thing that I would say is that the Red Chapel gang is not a damage output monster but more about denial and board control.

Yeah took me a couple games to figure that one out haha, but i find him a very fun master to use. belles should be the heart of all his crews and then you can hire things like punk zombies for lure then katana smash or hanged for terror, havent used crooked men yet but they seem to be good to lay traps use belles to get opponents in traps.

The more i play the more options i find he has with other ressies its just not as clear to me until the situation comes up in a game :-( , but im pretty much a newb and still learning.

Having come from 40k it was difficult to get used that to win a game you need to complete schemes and strats NOT obliterate your opponent.

I feel ya i came from the same background and lost quite a few games in the beginning and i mostly feel that with Seamus he is not over powered but average to slightly above like he has a nice shot some cool powers but nothing too powerful and hes not as good at ressing as nico or mcmourning but he compliments the belles and the belles help with board control and schemes and the rest is to fill against your match or scheme. Also copy cat is pretty standard for me nice extra shot or power but cb/ca 3 kinda hurts