Total Recall Remake: 10 (Point 1) Important Items

1. Did not need to be made.

2. Colin Farrell as Douglas Quaid. What an awful, awful choice.

3.Bill Nighy as Quatto. Yah OK, I can live with that.

4. Quatto is not a mutant baby coming out of Bill Nighy's chest. What...why would...FFS...

5.Bryan Cranston as Richter. Good actor, however:

6. Bryan Cranston < Michael Ironside. In fact: Earth < Michael Ironside.

7. Next you'll be telling me that Sam Worthington is going to play John Matrix in a Commando remake.

8. Wait, what?! He is?!

9. You might as well have Orlando Bloom play the Terminator in a remake of "The Terminator"

10. NO WAIT! Hollywood take no notice of number 9! Please for the love of all thats holy! CURSE YOU HOLLYWOOD!

10.1 KHHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNN!

Hope it never happens. The Suspiria remake has been touted for years and is yet to appear.

Just going to ignore these remakes, especially the Commando one - that film is of it's era and just wouldn't work in this sensible age.

Commando-Made in 1985. There was a war in Afghanistan, the conservative party was in power, the Irish terrorists continued their bombing war and we were in a horrible recession.

So yeah, nothing like today at all.

If only it had been made in 1986 then we could have had a nuclear disaster in to boot.

While i'm sure it'll be rubbish, I am curious as to how a Commando remake would look.

Will Sam really be tearing the doors off of cars and throwing phone booths at cops? To even look the part he'd need to pull the polar opposite of what Christian Bale did for The Machinist.

If I ever did see it i'm sure half the fun would be watching out for Worthington's accent lapses.

He may very well start the film saying stuff like, "Yeah, hotdawg! Gee, sure! Baloney!" but it's guaranteed he'll come out with, "G'day, matey! I'm gonna kick your arse! Croikey!" at some point.

While i'm sure it'll be rubbish, I am curious as to how a Commando remake would look.

Will Sam really be tearing the doors off of cars and throwing phone booths at cops? To even look the part he'd need to pull the polar opposite of what Christian Bale did for The Machinist.

If I ever did see it i'm sure half the fun would be watching out for Worthington's accent lapses.

He may very well start the film saying stuff like, "Yeah, hotdawg! Gee, sure! Baloney!" but it's guaranteed he'll come out with, "G'day, matey! I'm gonna kick your arse! Croikey!" at some point.

He certainly won't be able to pull off the old classic.

"I eat green berets for breakfast, and right now i'm very hungry!"

Commando-Made in 1985. There was a war in Afghanistan, the conservative party was in power, the Irish terrorists continued their bombing war and we were in a horrible recession.

So yeah, nothing like today at all.

If only it had been made in 1986 then we could have had a nuclear disaster in to boot.

I meant in a more directorial way - it'd all be CGI and crash bang wallop fast editing with a Nu metal soundtrack.