I Kablooeyed & Whoopsied half my crew

CannonFodder

I demoed a game to a new player and tried my gremelins for the first time vs a new player who bought kirai. and was playing shared deliver a message. 25SS.

started the game playing conservatively for gremlin (no reckless). my opponent did a long ranged summoning and dropped a model in 2 inches of Ophilia, then swapped it with a onryo who did not have slow and could spend 2 actions to do deliver a message next activation. My only guy who did not already activate and had a spell was pierre ravage. My activation was.

(1) Whoopsey dealing 5 damage to him, Bayoo Gremelin (dead), and Rami Lecroix (dead) with the onryo. Ophelia was about 1/2 inch out of range

(1) Moved him a little closer so he was within 3 inches.

+1 AP and 1 damage for reckless

Use the reckless action to try and shoot onroy, which I hit Ophelia instead, cheated to miss her. But because I shot with fire breathing took another damage for careless which killed him triggering Kablooey finally killing the onryo, again missing ophelia by less that 1/2 inch.

In a 25 SS point game I killed 13 points of my own models singed my master just to shoot the messenger...

Don't shoot the messenger... you drop a nuke on him... :blast

Edited by CannonFodder

Except that with only 1 Wd left you can't make a breathe fire strike because that countess as an action that would kill him. Sorry to be a buzz kill :-(

Except that you are only unable to do actions which cause damage to yourself and kill you, breath fire does 1 wound and you can cause wounds to yourself which kill you.

Sorry to be a smug kill ;)

Just to clarify that for the audience... You can't take wounds as part of the cost of a spell if they'd kill you.

You can definitely take wounds as the result of an action that'll kill you.

It's only Obey acitons that have a hard limit on doing something that will automatically kill the model (e.g. don't involve a card flip that might save the model using the action).

Except that you are only unable to do actions which cause damage to yourself and kill you, breath fire does 1 wound and you can cause wounds to yourself which kill you.

Well that's a tad harsh sir. It happens that the thread I was thinking of was the one on Obey that differentiated between certain death and possible death. I forgot this only applied to Obey.

I take that back, here's the ruling that says the exact opposite of what you said:

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15283&highlight=Papa+loco

Kel says Dg is okiedokie but Wds are a no no, since Pere's breathe fire would cause 1Wd and Definitely kill Pere, he wouldn't be able to use it.

No need to search old threads for that..

It's in the manual, page 44 Damage, last sentence in third paragraph:

"Models may also suffer Wounds directly. Incoming Wd, including any increases or reductionsfrom Triggers or effects, are totaled, and then inflicted on the recipient. Effects which increaseor reduce Dg do not affect Wd inflicted directly, and vice versa. A model cannot use a Talent orcast a Spell that requires it to inflict Wd on itself if it would reduce its own Wounds to 0."

Doing damage to yourself is fine though.