Spirits & McMourning's Dissection

Nightjar

I'm new to the game, and I'm trying to make sure I get things right. I've been able to answer most of my rules questions by searching the forums, but I couldn't find an answer to this one:

As I understand it, spirits do not leave counters of any kind. But how do they interact with effects such as McMourning's Dissection spell? Dissection essentially replaces the Corpse Counter dropped by a model with 3 Body Part Counters (which McMourning takes). It seems odd that Spirits would provide Body Part Counters in this case, but since the spirit isn't technically "leaving" a counter, it seems like a loophole in the "no counters" rule for spirits.

The same question applies to McMourning's Wracked with Pain spell.

How is this supposed to work? Do spirits provide Body Parts Counters when killed by Dissection or affected by Wracked with Pain?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly, I think Kirai could work well with any of the other Resser masters in a brawl.

With Seamus you have will have great speed from both crews, and the synergy between Seamus' 12" -2 Wp Aura, Lures, Onryo, and the Hanged. Plus alot of Kirai's melee models can attack WP or DEF with their Melee strikes.

With McMourning you can capitalize on the Datsue-Ba & Kirai's summoning. Line up a bunch of Canine Remains, Datsue-Ba Stands in the Center of the and does her big I attack everything in 2" Strike. Cheat to hopefully get Weigh sins off get a bunch of Gaki, Seishin, and Corpse Counters. McMorning then Gets some body parts off his zombie chihuahua and summons alot.

The same tactic can work for Nicodem.