Henchmen - What is considered an event!

As the title suggests - what constitutes an event for the purposes of being a Henchman.

The area where I live and game has a strong Warmachine base and lots of players have expressed an interest in Malifaux, but I don't believe that a 12-16 player tournament could be justified each month

What do other people do in these sort of circumstances. Pardon me if my search-fu is weak, but I couldn't find anything that answered my question.

Sketch is likely the best person to answer this, as he is the Henchman Wrangler.

As a henchman, I can tell you the types of events I run regularly:

• Demo's for 1 - 8 players at a time, depending on interest
  • Monthly painting competitions for our gaming club (club entry only, 4-6 participants a month)
  • Tournaments - I have had between 6 and 16 players in my tournaments, varying based on timing
  • Campaigns - I have a 6 person campaign/league running currently
  • Leagues - I am preparing for an achievement league where I expect 12+ players across the 6 weeks.

Basically, be creative and pull together what interests your community.

At Barcelona we are in a continue growing spiral. So I run demos every month, in all kind of events related to wargames. In each event I have at least one new player, so I can't make any tournament still 'cause people doesn't know the rules properly...

In autumm we will have our first tournament, after an year of being a henchmen and a lot of demos and games...

I'm facing the same question really, and a similar market as OP. I'm thinking if events constitute more than just tourneys, between the demos and painting clinics that are NEEDED in my area more than just something to do, things should be fine ...

Regards,

TV

I have a core group of 6 players. We have a hard time getting together for games all at once, as in a club type meeting. So our presence is not felt as great as other clubs or leagues.

So with the LGS owner, we have set up Malifaux Monday's. I am there every Monday 6-8PM. If a leaguer can show up, we play a game, if not, I set out my gear, including the Malifaux Bag ;) and either watch others play games or paint a mini or two. So far I have garnered two more players, answered many a question, and even demo'd the mechanic's. The interest is there and the set time and day seems to have increased interest.

As for an event, it could be anything as mentioned by the others, paint, demo, game, league, tournament.

As always, have fun!