Moral and WP duels

durek

My wife plays Pandora and after reading the tactica is taking great joy is tormenting my models ;)

My question is that in one of the tacticas she read it mentioned something akin to an enemy model may pass or choose to fail a moral or WP duel to forgo some of her debuff or dmg.

I'm thinking it only pass as failing would imply you tried and well...failed (therefore taking any and all consequences). But can you pass on an duel (if so which) to avoid certain consequences since you didn't fail it?

Well....first of all....Don't let Sketch see you confusing Moral with Morale. ;)

Secondly....I'm not exactly sure which Duels you may be referring to, but pretty much anytime you are required to make a Duel...you are required to do it.

The only time you can choose about duels is when targetting your own models with a Spell that has a Rst stat associated with it (like "Rst: Wp"). If the defending model happens to flip a fate card which would allow it to Resist the spell, you can voluntarily choose to let the total result be a tie, which in essence means the model fails the Resist, and the spell would affect them.

If that didn't answer your question, perhaps help us understand the question better by pointing out the specific spells/abilities in question. :thumb:

im not sure where my wife read it...it was on a rather lengthy but good Panodra tactica... i didn't see it or really beleive it myself.

so looks like she read wrong or the tactica was...perhaps not that clear.

thx all the same

The only time you can choose about duels is when targetting your own models with a Spell that has a Rst stat associated with it (like "Rst: Wp"). If the defending model happens to flip a fate card which would allow it to Resist the spell, you can voluntarily choose to let the total result be a tie, which in essence means the model fails the Resist, and the spell would affect them.

Do you actually have to flip the fate card in those circumstances, or do you just declare that you will draw the duel (and thus lose the resist)?