Collette: What gives her trouble?

studderingdave

High CB paired weapons. Blasts.

If you can target your own models and put blasts on our models it kills bad because most models only have 5-8 wounds and are expensive.

The key is run her out of soulstones after that happens everything falls apart very quickly. Mid point ranged models are best also because if you give to juicy a target to disappearing act it can hurt you way to much.

Least favorite models to see is the Punk Zombie. Another thing to keep in mind kill the doves they are much more useful then anyone ever gives credit.

should you get initiative on turn one/the collette player has yet to combine his two coryphee into a duet:

The LCB/the dreamer/day dream walk across the board, kill something (usually one of the coryphee), and walk back play is pretty demoralising.

I'm no fan of Collodi for similar reasons.

That it has a low wound count and needs to use SS against anything that can hit it even with its :+fate to def. Probably someone that can hit it for a bit past its bulletproof 2 for damage as well. Also the fact that it has a cast of 6 means that Sam could tear it up with a rapid fire + flaming bullets (CB 8 with 6/7/8 damage)

Perdita in general can be annoying for a Showgirl crew to deal with. I know it depends on Fate a lot, but winning initiative is one of the easiest ways to destroy a Showgirl crew. For the Coryphee Duet, you need to catch it before it has had a chance to activate Soul Dance, so it doesn't have Use Soulstone yet. Then, if you're playing the Ortega's, use some Companion to kill any nearby doves, and then try to use Gunfighter as much as possible to get past the Coryphee's Bulletproof.

The biggest mistake I see people make though is to let their forces get spread out too much. You need to focus on one enemy, and kill it, otherwise, Colette will just Illusionist it to safety somewhere.

Sonnia and Samael are typically really good ones as well, especially since Sammy gets his extra damage and such against Colette, Cassandra, and the Coryphee.

Also, IIRC the duet don't have a great WP so you can obey them into causing problems for your opponent, especially if you can obey them before they get a chance to activate and get the use soulstones ability to resist it.

Eh, they have a Wp of 6. It's not horrible. The individual ones have a WP of 4, so if you can tag one of them, you're in GREAT shape.

The Voodoo doll's Conduit is GREAT against the Coryphee though. Forces the Colette player to burn a (0) action every turn for the healing flip. And even though they can't charge, it can really screw them up by Obeying them to run 9" in the wrong direction.

Eh, they have a Wp of 6. It's not horrible. The individual ones have a WP of 4, so if you can tag one of them, you're in GREAT shape.

The Voodoo doll's Conduit is GREAT against the Coryphee though. Forces the Colette player to burn a (0) action every turn for the healing flip. And even though they can't charge, it can really screw them up by Obeying them to run 9" in the wrong direction.

Yup, I couldn't remember since it's been awhile since I went up against them with Zoraida. Also using one of them to charge someone else can be bad news. IIRC you could also obey Cassandra into charging one, and if you hit it gets rid of her celebrity ability. I just can't remember if celebrity shuts down spells or just spell attacks against her at the moment for some reason.

Yup, I couldn't remember since it's been awhile since I went up against them with Zoraida. Also using one of them to charge someone else can be bad news. IIRC you could also obey Cassandra into charging one, and if you hit it gets rid of her celebrity ability. I just can't remember if celebrity shuts down spells or just spell attacks against her at the moment for some reason.

Well, the problem is, the Coryphees cannot charge, and they cannot BE charged. So, unfortunately you can't do either of those things.

What you DO have to watch out for though, is if you've already activated Cassandra or the Coryphees, and you activated their Sword Dance ability, then Z could Obey them and cause them to do a Walk action, which they could interrupt for a free attack at some point. THAT is annoying. Last time I had Conduit dropped on my Coryphee, I ended up having to keep them pretty much completely on the other side of the table from my forces, so that they wouldn't kill stuff and I could actually use them.

I have found that Collette does not like having an un-activated Lilith within 2 inches of her. She used 9 soul stones in 2 turns. I assume lady J, the Viks, McMourning, LCB, etc. would work just as well for this.

I have found that I usually just ignore the corphyee duet and figure it will acomplish about 4 VP's just by itself, as it completes power ritual on turn 2 or 3.

When I have tried to kill it I have usually failed. I usually have more success in ignoring it and focusing on completing my own schemes and strategies, and killing the other models on the board instead. They are usually easier to kill.

• 1 month later...
*shrugs* with Samael hopkins,instead of softening it up for Taelor to smack,I one shotted the Duet with Flaming bullets and a Red Joker flip on a double negative. *shrugs*

As a general rule,Samael will rip apart the duet even with minimum damage.

As a general rule, anyone letting a flaming bullets samael hit a duet is either a) an idiot B) out of soulstones or c) incredibly unlucky.

Also, "just flip a red joker and they die" is not very good tactical advice.