Basing the steamborg

JDSampo

So, I got my steamborg together and I made a nice base for him but now I'm kind of stumped on how I'm going to get the little pin-footed monster to stay put on his base. I'd be inclined to pin him to the base as it doesn't seem like there's enough contact to just glue him on. By the same token I'm not sure there's enough material to drill a pin hole. Any suggestions appreciated!

The base I found had some nice nooks and crannies that I was sort of able to get his feet a little more firmly planted. Overall though, I would suggest to potentially take something like a 1/16 drill bit and create a small depression in your base, just something to give a bit more surface area for the glue.

Don't despair too much though. I broke and had to reassemble my Steamborg 2-3 times before he finally stayed put. He's VERY solid now though. ;)

Oh, and Accelerant and good quality superglue are your friend in these cases too!

i did something similar with mine - the base i made i topped it for detailing the cobbles with greenstuff, before this dried i pushed him in so his feet made little depressions in the greenstuff, its stuck ok so far !

take a look at the first picture here to see what i mean

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12958

i did something similar with mine - the base i made i topped it for detailing the cobbles with greenstuff, before this dried i pushed him in so his feet made little depressions in the greenstuff, its stuck ok so far !

take a look at the first picture here to see what i mean

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12958

Well, that's kind of what I did. I sculpted mine out of Apoxie Sculpt and made some depressions with his feet. I just wasn't convinced he'd stay put. I guess you never know till you glue him down and he doesn't plummet to the floor :)

Thanks guys. I like the spiders climbing the walls, BTW.

Here is my version... sadly still in primer

link to my flickr acct: http://www.flickr.com/photos/62228693@N04/

I went with this pose for a couple reasons, sideways to aid with storage in my tacklebox containers for my malifaux dudemens, and tipped forward to give a more menacing and looking down on smaller models.

The feet tips are glued into recesses drilled into the base, he is rocksolid on there. I opted to pin the legs to the hip cowling, and am debating using the pin holes as anchors for cables to the arm mechanical bits...

The base is microart studio, damn them polish can sculpt!

Edited by Edweird