Pandora vs Som' er

Eisenhorn

This Thursday I have my first Malifaux game with Pandora against Som'er Teeth Jones. Does anyone have any last minuet words of wisdom or advise? I have already read Karns tactica and now regret that I only have the Pandora box set. I really wish I had some madnesses or stitched but for now im running with the kids and sorrows.

Link your sorrows to the kids and pandy, get in close (for the extra wounds from the sorrows for failing a wp test), make use of Pandora's wp->wp to target her as gremlins struggle with this, dont forget to chain incite/pacify for free wounds on all the low wp gremlins, and make good use of dementia - they need to pass a wp test every action (including pass and (0) actions) which should kill off most gremlins ;)

The kids and sorrows will do just fine for you man, Som'er should not be all that hard for you since they have terrible Wp all around. The biggest thing to be warry of is the Mosquito's and I think it's the Pull My Finger spell because it's a pulse or something like that.

A big word of advice, DONT let a gremlin get past Expose Fears on Pandora because they can wreck her in one shot if they do. They are very random but I made that mistake once.. .wont do it again XD

Otherwise just follow the Tactica, Pandora will Terrorize them. Try to get off your Trigger on Som'er every turn if you can and keep him Fleeing. If they have any kind of big unit (like a warpig) make it flee to and just keep them shut down. Your Sorrows should tear up the gremlins quickly if you get them in range of Emotional Stress.

Otherwise you got all you need man, just follow the basics of the guide and focus on your Strategy and Scheme.

Yay, someone in the same boat is me (also not played yet, starting with Pandora:)). As I say, I'm also a total newbie so this is just based on skimming the cards and not any gameplay.

One of the project emotions (I think it's Low self confidence) will put a negative flip on the gremlin's Atk, making it easier for them to accidentally shoot each other (see the Whoopsie rule). Best of all, it's a blast so you can get several models at once :)

Candy's Wail seems a good way of sniping the odd one (then use charm to put harmless back on). Warpigs also have quite a good melee weapon so seem a good choice for Self-loathing.

I can see Kade getting killed quickly unless he chooses his target carefully (ie you shank one gremlin, the others just shoot you...), maybe try and clear a path to Jones with the others and go for the kill with Kade after that.

Jones has pretty low WP for a Master so maybe try getting Dementia off on him early on (he needs to draw a 7 or higher to do anything then).

Trapped in your own nightmare, especially on a more expensive model on a Hog whisperer or WarPig seems very powerful.

Good luck and let us know how it goes =)

Edited by 0-0-17

Your biggest worry, as stated, is probably pull my finger. So make mosquitos a priority target. Also, you can't rely on terrifying since pigcharge ignores it and that is the gremlins best melee attack.

Don't hang back. The more breathing room you give gremlins the more they can proliferate and generate control cards. If you get stuck in quick you can press the advantage since they start with one card less and you have more intrinsic protection with harmless. Also, if pandora can hit quick she can bounce around the board at liberty locking down the biggest threats.

Dementia on somers will really hurt, also project emotions is a great blast for hitting clustered gremlins I would target the attack flips too. This can really do some damage.

Best advice though is stay out of line of sight with pandy. Keep in mind you have high defense. I would suggest saving cards for resist flips and triggers. They do crazy damage so avoid being shot.

Alright thanks guys. When I first read over the stat cards for Somer and crew my main concern was him forcing me to discard my control hand. I guess what I really need to focus on is him not hitting pandora at all. If it comes down to it should I lower my defensive stance on the kids and focus everything on Pandora? BTW i know ill be up against atleast one war pig.

one thing karn said thats wrong is pigs dont fall back they stampede instead so make sure his non-pig models are closer to the pig than yours are. or they will charge instead of run plus they do more damage as well

Hmmm had forgotten about that. Well thanks for the info Kasin, I dont play against pigs nearly enough it seems XD

In that case, do what Kasin said and use it to your advantage if he has non-pig models closer and in los. Otherwise forget using the Trigger on them and just Self-loathing them to death combined with your other abilities or shut it down with Dementia + Project Emotions Pity or PE from a Madness.

There is more then 1 way to disable a pig XD