Hamelin the Plagued vs Kirai

brucemanning

Well, not all Ressers are fast, just Kirai and Seamus haha

Umm, my notes...

Spirits take half damage from everything but spells and magical weapons.

Also when dealing with things like Critical Strike, Brutal, and your blight counters...You do the damage, cut it in half (round down, I think), then add the +1 from whatever.

Also, Jack Daw cannot be harmed by anything but spells and focused strikes...if he does get hit, his controller can discard a card or a soulstone, if you don't...he dies and whoever killed him gets a VP.

Spirits don't need to make Terrifying checks to the best of my knowledge and when he charged you, you don't either. It is only when you activate that you'll need to, if you are still in it's melee range.

The Void...yes...the only cards that count are ones from your control hand.

So holding on to them will hamper Hammy quite a bit, relying on :+fate flips on stuff, especially from Shikome and their prey.

It looked like a pretty good game though!

Congrats

Also when dealing with things like Critical Strike, Brutal, and your blight counters...You do the damage, cut it in half (round down, I think), then add the +1 from whatever.

Spirits don't need to make Terrifying checks to the best of my knowledge

Always round fractions up (RM p. 5).

You're correct about Spirits not needing to take Terrifying checks because they are not living models (and only living models without Terrifying are effected by Terrifying).

Spirits don't need to make Terrifying checks to the best of my knowledge and when he charged you, you don't either. It is only when you activate that you'll need to, if you are still in it's melee range.

The Void...yes...the only cards that count are ones from your control hand.

Good spot, I can use that next time. I should have checked RM. The void is when your nominated opponent plays a control card. I was trying to work out if playing a card to the discard pile meant you could use the void?

I forgot about the math order , page 7 RM. So a spirit with 2 blight counter get hit by a rat causing 1 dm, this get halved but rounded back upto 1 and then +1 wds for the blight = 2 wounds. Yah - thats 1 wound better.

Thanks for the comments.

This is not right. Kelthos ruled on this a bit ago.

You also round up.

Normal rat hits do inflict 2 wounds on a target with blight. 1 or 2 damage rounds to 1. 1 damage becomes 1 wound blight counter makes it 2.

Bud nipping in progress...

Spirits suffer half of the TOTAL damage suffered.

Edited by tadaka

Thought I post a bat rep.

See my blog,

http://minersandsteamfittersunion.blogspot.com/2011/04/hamelin-plagued-vs-kirai.html

fun game although we were a bit rusty on the rules. I think we played most of the right ;-)

New Rules Manual is great.

I needs some more rats......

How did you make Jack Daw Paralyzed from Abandon?

Can someone confirm this, don't have my book to hand smile.gif

They aren't living.

You add up all the additions from Critical Strike, Extra Damage Flips (unless they say after causing damage in which case they would be a separate damage event), Brutal etc to get the initial damage total.

Then you take spirit, armor, magical resistances off. It's at this stage you use mathmatical operator order. Spirit would half, then armour would come off.