Off Topic Playground

Case shopping right now...not sure if I should go KR, Portable Warfare, or the Malifaux bag. Leaning towards one of the former, but the 'Faux bag looks nice and my LGS owner would appreciate it since he stocks Battlefoam.

I like the Battlefoam bag. Its not going to carry every model you own if you use multiple factions but I think its the ideal size for what you want to bring to a tournament(at least for me since I play guild and I don't have a lot of big models)

That's actually my main strike against it- I'll want to have all of my Resser options plus my small Lady Justice and Rasputina crews, not to mention I'm starting the Viks soon.

Two more questions since you have one:

- I read about how it comes with one tray that's shorter than 30mm so the models in it stick out past the foam- is this the case (no pun intended) with yours too, or did you get two of the trays that are made for 30mm bases?

- About how many models does it hold, at least before pluck foam is involved?

It might be enough and I know getting one at my LGS will make the owner happy- it just seems like the KR and Portable Warfare cases are a bit more flexible. I'd rather not drop another 20 bucks just to avoid the 25mm tray.

I like how the PW bag has options from Sabol, Blu foam and Battlefoam, and while the KR tray sizes are unique, they are standard across their entire line, so I could use an Aquilla for transporting game night crews and cardstock cases for storage.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Why is it 10 bucks less to get a standard plus an extra tray that I want than it is to get a custom tray setup? That makes no sense at all.

Case shopping right now...not sure if I should go KR, Portable Warfare, or the Malifaux bag. Leaning towards one of the former, but the 'Faux bag looks nice and my LGS owner would appreciate it since he stocks Battlefoam.

I have 2 of the Malifaux bags but I'm trying to see what I can find to put everything in... I was going to get swap out trays but then I can really only take one faction at once...

I've been wondering about something larger so I can put everything in.

Morning..sandwich for me and probably coffee, as my eyes do not seem to want to open.

*walks into door*

HAHA! Abs 0 Door 1 :)

Morning Reg fans! :) Today it will be hobby day. One of my friends is coming round who just got the 40k bug and picked up NEcron codex and also a command barge thingy so will help him put it together and also talk about paint schemes. I still have my Krieg to get painted....

#Makes up a sandwich crammed with as much bacon as can fit in it#

Here you go. Good weekend?

*munches on sandwich*

Wow, thats a good 'un. Yup, weekend was good, found a load of OOP and older GW minis in the loft that I plan on selling. Just now need to find the time to sort and photograph.

Went to a christening yesterday which was actually quite nice considering I'm not a religious person at all. Lily liked the church and its echoes, but thankfully waited until almost the end before breaking into song. The vicar liked it though!

I try to remember to check each day I'm here, just in case one of the regulars has one. Closest we've had was Edonil's false birthday.

Ah yes, Edonils false birthday..I swear he was trying to be like the queen and have two!

HAHA! Abs 0 Door 1 :)

Morning Reg fans! :) Today it will be hobby day. One of my friends is coming round who just got the 40k bug and picked up NEcron codex and also a command barge thingy so will help him put it together and also talk about paint schemes. I still have my Krieg to get painted....

Bloomin' heck! Where did you spring from? Isn't it a little early for gremlins? I thought you never surfaced until sundown!

Necrons....pfft! Power armour is the way to go...he'll soon see the light!

Speaking of which..I did an experiment on saturday with Lily. I had six A5 picture cards: Dark Eldar, Necrons, Space Wolves, Tyranids, Chaos MArine and Eldar.

She kept picking the Space Wolf one even if I switched them around. Admittedly she kept putting it into her mouth to chew, maybe it had the best taste? All that ale and feasting!

;)

So my daughter is most definitely a loyal servant of the Emperor....either that or she likes beardy men!

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Only did a little bit of painting this weekend. But I've assembled everything except avatar P.

so, success finally with collodi?

And excellent...saving the (possibly) best until last?

Could be she wants to feast on their flesh. Good eating on a Space Wolf compared to the other choices at least.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

so, success finally with collodi?

Too early to tell as I haven't really touched him since pinning two of the arms. I wouldn't be surprised if more fall off while painting.

I can't remember Friday night. But I think that was due to it being boring so it just blends into the other nights.

The South West was hit by a string of "Super Cell" storms which spawned a number of Tornados. The Carolinas got hit... as did a few other cities and towns.... Just checkin' in :)

I can't remember Friday night. But I think that was due to it being boring so it just blends into the other nights.

You were building collodi....says it all..

Afternoon all!

Such a dull day today. I want to go home and get painting! I have night terrors and Jaakuna sat primed and ready for me to mess up...

Anyone get up to much exciting recently?

I'm on here..it doesn't get much more exciting!

I'm on here..it doesn't get much more exciting!

Well, much as I do find you exciting, there's probably more fun to be had! *wink*

Oh, and I got a whacking great bill for building insurance and another for car tax over the weekend. So all my plans to give Lady J some company have gone out the window. GUess that means no Miss Pack too... Sad times.

Well, much as I do find you exciting, there's probably more fun to be had! *wink*

Oh, and I got a whacking great bill for building insurance and another for car tax over the weekend. So all my plans to give Lady J some company have gone out the window. GUess that means no Miss Pack too... Sad times.

Sucks..

How long would it be before funds were available..I could keep it to one side for a while?