Off Topic Playground

Poor Kitty. My two remaining ones are both now over 15 years old so I'm not sure how much longer they'll have in them. But then again I have some goldfish that are also that age and refuse to die, so much for those things only living a year or two.

Edited by SteamHammer

Poor Kitty. My too remaining ones are both now over 15 years old so I'm not sure how much longer they'll have in them. But then again I have some goldfish that are also that age and refuse to die, so much for those things only living a year or two.

my mate had a goldfish that lived for almost 20 years!

stubborn buggers...

edit: unless of course it kept dying and was constantly replaced by his parents without him knowing!

I'd like to say that finishing Skyrim would give me more time for painting but I know there's always more games in the wings.

I assume you mean the major quest lines. I doubt anyone here has enough time to literally complete everything.

That's the beauty of it, really. I can walk away once I've had enough, then come back six months later and find new stuff (DLC and fan-created questlines notwithstanding), as I did in Oblivion.

Morning everyone! Hope people are doing well. Started a new writing project last with the hopes of alternating it with the novel, we'll see if that works out. In really great news, my car passed inspection without a problem, so I get to put almost all of my tax refund straight towards a new laptop! Woot! How's everyone doing?

I might come close to finding everything in Skyrim eventually, but it'll probably be over a span of 4 years or so.

Sometimes my cats sleep on me at night. Other times I have to basically pass out in bed before I can sleep. One of them (the clingy ex-stray) will start shredding my door if I shut him out. I really need to just clicker train them and be done with it, but I'm lazy. Don't have a garage and where I live we have deer and coyotes out in the woods, so they are indoor-only.

I've always seen fish as a pet for people who would own some sort of livestock farm if they had the land. Can't have a herd of sheep or a fish hatchery, so they have a small aquarium instead.

Upright and breathing is very good, Fell! It's better than the alternative, that's for sure.

And Steam, why are you swearing at javascript? the poor program's done nothing to deserve your abuse. Programmers, on the other hand...well, that's another situation entirely.

Morning everyone! Hope people are doing well. Started a new writing project last with the hopes of alternating it with the novel, we'll see if that works out. In really great news, my car passed inspection without a problem, so I get to put almost all of my tax refund straight towards a new laptop! Woot! How's everyone doing?

1. new storylines....excellent

2. car passes inspection.......yay!!

3. new laptop.........woohoo!

4. tax refund.....thought you were a student....how are you paying taxes? got a job as well?

And i'm fine, not doing much really!

@Abs- Nope, not a student at all. Haven't been since graduating high school, and that was six years ago! I work for a living (not for all that good of one, sadly, but still).

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

OK, I'm swearing at jQuery and my lack of mastering it. Always the same in programming you get something that works 99% of the time then find an annoying bug if people do certain things.

Ah yes...this is why I have no interest in software testing. "If this bizarre and planet aligning circumstance happens, will the computer explode?" No thanks, lol.

@Abs- Nope, not a student at all. Haven't been since graduating high school, and that was six years ago! I work for a living (not for all that good of one, sadly, but still).

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Ah yes...this is why I have no interest in software testing. "If this bizarre and planet aligning circumstance happens, will the computer explode?" No thanks, lol.

*scratches head* In that case, why a refund? Is it different in the states? Over here we get tax taken off our gross pay...we only get refunds if the tax code changes in our favour!

How I wish it were that simple here. Would make my life so much easier. -_- No, here in the states, there's an amount of taxes that you owe, and a different amount that the government took off your wages for the past 12 months. Depending on your deductions (I claim the standard which makes stuff simpler) you either overpaid, or underpaid. In my case, I overpaid, so I got back a good chunk of money.