Off Topic Playground

I will admit, the interactions with the NPCs was much better in DA:2. I just didn't like a bunch of them, and they all fit into slots that are kinda important for a well rounded party (Here's looking at you, Fenris 'Cloud Strife' Tank and Anders 'Whining Boy' Healer).

But yeah, the main plot of that game is kinda boring. I did like Act 2, but then I like the Quanari, and it had a lot to do with them. Act 3 was the worst example of video game railroading I've ever seen, and it just made me so annoyed and frustrated, because whatever your choices, it didn't feel like you had any control over the outcome, in spite of you being constantly referred to as the focal point of what happened.

Skyrim is loads of fun. I've heard a lot of complaints about the combat, and I don't really understand them myself...no, it isn't the best combat system in the world, but honestly, it's a helluva lot more realistic than most games. Ever tried using a sword in real life? Skyrim isn't that far off, not in terms of European swordplay. I remember taking some Italian tradition longsword techniques, and being so confused because there wasn't any 'attack' techniques, it's all transitioning from different guards, your cuts are the in between motions.

Surprisingly my entire party is women only

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

I will admit, the interactions with the NPCs was much better in DA:2. I just didn't like a bunch of them, and they all fit into slots that are kinda important for a well rounded party (Here's looking at you, Fenris 'Cloud Strife' Tank and Anders 'Whining Boy' Healer).

But yeah, the main plot of that game is kinda boring. I did like Act 2, but then I like the Quanari, and it had a lot to do with them. Act 3 was the worst example of video game railroading I've ever seen, and it just made me so annoyed and frustrated, because whatever your choices, it didn't feel like you had any control over the outcome, in spite of you being constantly referred to as the focal point of what happened.

TBH I'm loving getting lost in the side quests, I know skyrim is better for that, but I ploy oblivion and got too lost, and the I really the party I have in DA2

Two mini adventures are out for DA:2. Hawke's Legacy and Mark of the Assassin. MotA was a lot of fun, although I was less than happy that Talis didn't stick around...and Legacy, I haven't finished.

And playing a Mage is really versatile in this one. Since the NPCs are so restricted in their talents and abilities (I did like this, I must admit, made them really seem unique) you're stuck either with playing the Healer yourself, bringing Anders (shudder) or trying it without a Healer (I'm giving this a go in my current playthrough).

Two mini adventures are out for DA:2. Hawke's Legacy and Mark of the Assassin. MotA was a lot of fun, although I was less than happy that Talis didn't stick around...and Legacy, I haven't finished.

And playing a Mage is really versatile in this one. Since the NPCs are so restricted in their talents and abilities (I did like this, I must admit, made them really seem unique) you're stuck either with playing the Healer yourself, bringing Anders (shudder) or trying it without a Healer (I'm giving this a go in my current playthrough).

I tried that but them gave my self a healing spell for Avline, since as soon as she went down the party fell not long after it

I'm running the tank in my 'no-healer' playthrough, and I've got Merrill, Fenris and Varric for the party (want to switch Varric for Isabella when I get her, still early on in the game). It works mainly because the majority of the party is keyed for high damage output (Merrill doubles as a simple party buffer with Arcane Shield spreading to everyone and Elemental Weapons) so I'm not getting into these long grinding fights as much as I'm tearing holes in the enemy groups rapidly. And even as a tank, I'm going non standard, I have yet to take Shield Defense, but I'm using one to get the higher armor. So, I've got a decent attack speed, and the Templar specialization means that I've gotten in a fairly useful AoE attack too.

How did you get yours back? I want my scales puppet back :(

Hey people!

Omg so much has changed on here! :( why do i suddenly feel like an outsider?! *starts to hyperventilate* oh noesss my picture has gone too!!! *runs around screaming*

I made a supplication to the great and ancient Malifaux spirits.... They returned my Avatar...

Ooooo I smell cheese!

Well slept all the day, mostly. Yesterday took a lot out of me, but I think it was worth. Girlfriend hassling me to build a mountain. What am I? a god, and anyway I get sundays off. it's in the operating manual, "On the seventh day the Rat rested, and all was good."

Also apparently I'm now the proud owner of a green plastic Knife/Fork/Spoon hybrid thing.. what do you call a device that has a knife and fork combined on one end and a spoon on the other?.. It's not a Spork. as that is a Spoon and Fork combined. I'm confused.

Also apparently I'm now the proud owner of a green plastic Knife/Fork/Spoon hybrid thing.. what do you call a device that has a knife and fork combined on one end and a spoon on the other?.. It's not a Spork. as that is a Spoon and Fork combined. I'm confused.

It sounds more like the weapon from KRULL! :D

I had my little sister over for breakfast... now I need to do laundry and work on some Minis so I can get them primed... I've wasted so much of the day XP

Ratty: That is a Utility Fork... 'cause it does more than one thing... but I hear they are super useful for camping. Also.... Thanks for the site update. Looks fantastic!

Reg: I thought you had your Gremlin back... what happened?? Also, I feel your pain... I don't work today... but I work 14 hour days MTW... then 7 hour days Th/F....

Munkey: psh... video games. Who USES those anymore? ;)