Off Topic Playground

Yeah not sure its out here yet either. Is it worthwhile seeing then? Without giving the plots or cool bits away for Yazza!

Absolutely worth seeing if you are into that sort of movie. I heard military buffs were calling foul on some of the things they did, but I really didn't find a problem with 99% of what went on in the movie. It was a great watch.

Absolutely worth seeing if you are into that sort of movie. I heard military buffs were calling foul on some of the things they did, but I really didn't find a problem with 99% of what went on in the movie. It was a great watch.

I will check the cinema listings but if it was released over a month ago, I may have to wait for the DVD release.

Or hotfoot it over to Belgium!

Dammit, forgot that happens everytime I try that!!

Could you not at least appear in front of me? Wouldn't scare me that much then!!

Sorry :)

I think it's a requirement of my summoning... I have to appear behind the summoner if possible ^^

Hmmm how to summon Fell I wonder....

*Sets down a D&D Bagel along with a shiny new blade for her Peacekeeper and hides behind the Monolith O'Joe, peeking around the corner*

There... bet that works.

Sorry :)

I think it's a requirement of my summoning... I have to appear behind the summoner if possible ^^

Hmmm how to summon Fell I wonder....

*Sets down a D&D Bagel along with a shiny new blade for her Peacekeeper and hides behind the Monolith O'Joe, peeking around the corner*

There... bet that works.

I know how it works, you've probably just arranged it with her that she appears now......just to make you look good! ;)

Sneaky Nephilim....

I know how it works, you've probably just arranged it with her that she appears now......just to make you look good! ;)

Sneaky Nephilim....

*whistles innocently*

Oh and the answers to 4, 6 and 8 were:

Chess

Thunderball

Othello

Couldn't be bothered to wait until 5pm!!

lol, impatient Egg ;) I probably would have never gotten those actually and the Othello answer really surprises me huh... good quiz then I guess XD

Ok KArn, you seem to be the only one around, plus I believe you will be something of an expert!

Levi, I have ordered the box which I think has 4 aboms in it. I have also ordered the extra two waifs and the desolation engine. Would I need to order any more of either in the future, or will these suffice?

I know he can hire a hell of a lot of minions from other factions, but in an average game is there a certain amount of the three I mentioned that you need?

Ie. DO I need more than one Desolation Engine model?

Ok KArn, you seem to be the only one around, plus I believe you will be something of an expert!

Levi, I have ordered the box which I think has 4 aboms in it. I have also ordered the extra two waifs and the desolation engine. Would I need to order any more of either in the future, or will these suffice?

I know he can hire a hell of a lot of minions from other factions, but in an average game is there a certain amount of the three I mentioned that you need?

Ie. DO I need more than one Desolation Engine model?

Aww why thank you AB, you do go on *bats eyelashes*

The Box Set is a good place to start as you get 4 SPA's, Alyce, and a Waif. You want 1 more Waif so sadly you will have an extra since the Blister comes with 2 of them (you can only have 2 in play at once). So right there you have the core of a Vanilla Levy list minus the Desolation Engine (which you ordered).

It is honestly your preference to using the Desolation Engine heavily or not. I find it to be a fantastic model and love it, the SPA's, and Ashes and Dust to death. But then again I've had a lot of practice with them ^^ Some people will try to tell you they suck, they couldn't be more wrong. Most likely they are just not using them correctly or they are most likely a power-gamer (honestly they aren't the most abusive thing Levy could bring and I've seen arguments bashing them because of this XD).

Most likely you won't need another set of SPA's... but it all depends on how much you play with them. I would suggest doing several games with the 4 you have and seeing if you need more of them or not. I rarely find I need more then the 4 I have. As for a second Desolation Engine... well it does happen. I had 3 of them in play at once during a game and went through about 5 of them total in that game (It was a crazy 40ss game!). But for now, probably don't need a second.

If you want to focus on Levy's Vanilla models, then you may need another SPA blister but you should be fine. If you plan on using a larger number of other models, then your golden.

I would highly recommend Ryle for another model to pick up, he is fantastic with Levticus as are all the Riders. If you wan't some cheap models for objective capping, the Resser spider zombies.

But the best part of playing Levy IMO? Being able to really build just about any crew layout you want.

Edited by karn987

Aww why thank you AB, you do go on *bats eyelashes*

The Box Set is a good place to start as you get 4 SPA's, Alyce, and a Waif. You want 1 more Waif so sadly you will have an extra since the Blister comes with 2 of them (you can only have 2 in play at once). So right there you have the core of a Vanilla Levy list minus the Desolation Engine (which you ordered).

It is honestly your preference to using the Desolation Engine heavily or not. I find it to be a fantastic model and love it, the SPA's, and Ashes and Dust to death. But then again I've had a lot of practice with them ^^ Some people will try to tell you they suck, they couldn't be more wrong. Most likely they are just not using them correctly or they are most likely a power-gamer (honestly they aren't the most abusive thing Levy could bring and I've seen arguments bashing them because of this XD).

Most likely you won't need another set of SPA's... but it all depends on how much you play with them. I would suggest doing several games with the 4 you have and seeing if you need more of them or not. I rarely find I need more then the 4 I have. As for a second Desolation Engine... well it does happen. I had 3 of them in play at once during a game and went through about 5 of them total in that game (It was a crazy 40ss game!). But for now, probably don't need a second.

If you want to focus on Levy's Vanilla models, then you may need another SPA blister but you should be fine. If you plan on using a larger number of other models, then your golden.

I would highly recommend Ryle for another model to pick up, he is fantastic with Levticus as are all the Riders. If you wan't some cheap models for objective capping, the Resser spider zombies.

But the best part of playing Levy IMO? Being able to really build just about any crew layout you want.

Cheers for that, very helpful. I already have Ryle as I have all the Guild models available (once the Hounds are released), so its good to know he's considered useful there too!

I will probably just play him out of the box for now, when I can actually resume gaming, so will probably stick with what I've got and maybe next month or later add another blister of Aboms, and a second desolation engine.

I don't know why but I like to keep crews within themes, so colette will most likely be all showgirls, Lilith all Nephilim etc. But I realise Levi is a lot different in that he has a lot of options available to him.

On a side note, I ordered the boxes etc this morning from MAelstrom. I normally wait for their discount codes to come through, but I was guessing they weren't going to do one this easter. I ordered them, and just checked my email now, and lo and behold, a discount code!! Still Its not too bad, I just checked how much I had lost out on and it was only about £3, so not a lot! Only just gets a pint of beer over here!

Should have trusted my instincts and held off though lol!