Off Topic Playground

I keep meaning to go to the Halal truck up the street, but there's a hill, and I'm too lazy to fight gravity.

Said the guy always talking about lifting in the gym.

Food trucks aren't thing here. I'm intrigued by the concept.

Global menus.

This, to me, is the best part of food trucks. I COULD get a burger or something, but why would I when I could have bahn mi, schnitzel, falafel, BBQ, gyros, tacos, or a host of other delicious foods at somewhat reasonable prices.

On a more pleasantly unrelated note, it is currently 81 degrees and sunny outside. Looks like I will be walking home today. 

#AllTheYogaPants

And sundresses. :)

But yeah, weather is amazing. Being inside on a day like today is cruel.

On a more pleasantly unrelated note, it is currently 81 degrees and sunny outside. Looks like I will be walking home today. 

#AllTheYogaPants

Took me a few seconds to realize you mean Farenheit as means of temperature and not Celcius. Stupid.

I still pity the fools that follow this thread.

Yeah, the temperature scale thing doesn't translate very well.

Told my wife (American) that it is common for saunas in Finland to reach 100C. She refuses to believe me, insists that I must be mistaken and clearly mean 100F. She's gonna be in for a surprise when I finally get around to taking her to Finland.

Humidity is what kills it. Dry heat is awesome. 

Actually, it's really humid in a sauna. It's about 90-100C and 90%+ humidity. 

Obviously you cope by not staying in there too long and/or drinking lots of cold beer.

I can see why she is skeptical!  As I recall from my nursing days, at 162 degrees farenheit skin is destroyed on contact.  Since you are reporting that the saunas are 212 degrees farenheit it seems a bit outlandish!

He's one of the tourist attractions.

"On the left is the [statue of XYZ], and"

"Mik, what's that?"

"That? That's, umm, zFiend... We, uhhh, don't talk about him. Oh shit, you made eye contact, RUN!"