Off Topic Playground

Honestly, it really is that awful. That's the Skorne Battle Engine, and in a Faction where there are many arguments about 'the worst thing to take' no one brings that up because it's agreed it's the "winner" and people move on for the sake of discussion, lol.

That bad? It always suck when great models are near-useless in game. This one also has the issue of having a base that is also hard to proxy. Also, is it me, or does Warmahordes have a lot of models that just are invalidated by many, many others?

I'm okay. Work is annoying, but it's only annoying, so it could be worse. Just finished assembling the last of my Cygnar jacks (Dynamo) and have to say, I hope the studio people had as much fun with the legs on the Ironclad chassis and Dynamo as I did. :P Never want to build anything off the Ironclad ever again... lol

In points, kinda. Dynamo, Centurion, Defender, Nemo1 and Nemo2, Trencher Infantry box, Minuteman, Gun Mage Adept, and a minimum unit of Storm Lances. It's not a very cohesive thing just yet, lol. That'll come about with time and a few more purchases. But yeah, the mini mart sale definitely gave me a little more wiggle room in terms of cost for my Cygnar and my Cephalyx, I got about 12 points worth of stuff for that list. Alexia, Mind Bender unit and a Dominator UA to go with Alexia.

Indeed. So there's this: http://theback40k.blogspot.com/2015/01/gw-half-year-financials-more-of-same.html

My take is basically what Marjedi said in the comments. Keep the big flagship stores (like Glen Burnie, MD and the big ones in the UK) and close the rest. Start spending R&D money on 3D printing, because it is the future of the hobby. Most importantly, take a cue from, well, most every other company in this hobby and listen to your fans more- and even hire the exceptionally talented ones.

That bad? It always suck when great models are near-useless in game. This one also has the issue of having a base that is also hard to proxy. Also, is it me, or does Warmahordes have a lot of models that just are invalidated by many, many others?

I think the problem is that the meta, both globally and locally, has been hammered to death and then hammered some more. It's not that any given model may be useless, but there are so many options that are objectively, and subjectively, better. 

The Legion player in me loves the teraph in MkII. Most other Legion players will point to a slew of other models that are easier to use for one reason or another. I use two to great effect in my Rhyas lists, and people swear she's one of the worst casters in the game. Meh. 

Pretty good. Movie night on Saturday which was fun, and yesterday we kicked off the Warmachine league. Nine players showed up, most everyone got in multiple games. Nemo is fun, but holy crap is he squishy, lol. Still, it was nice to get in a good number of games. We need to get more terrain for the shop, though, and another 4x4 board. Would have been nice to have a third table to use. Ah well, something to plan for in the future.