Off Topic Playground

Yeah, me too, lol. I've got Exulon and a minimum box set of Slaver and Drudges... going to need to figure out how to order the other four models for it. Means that I'll only have to duplicate the Mind Bender units, and have two very different units of Slaver/Drudges.

Right now my 25 list is Exulon Thexus, a Wrecker, a Warden, one unit each of Bender/Slaver Drudges, a Dominator with a Tactical Arcanist Corps unit and two Agitators. It's got no ranged capability, but will be nasty as hell to fight in melee. Figure it'll be a good pair up with a Llael themed Ashylnn list.

Along with a bit of studying, lol. I've never given up on my dream of an Ashlynn list, and the chance to have a pair up like the Cephalyx, who are dynamically different in both playstyle and aesthetics, unlike a Magnus list, is just too good to pass up, lol.

Yeah, Exulon's theme force lets you bring two mercenary units, but there's some debate on the necessity, lol. Both list styles can be pretty interesting. One lets you have pistol wraiths, bloat thralls and machine wraiths, the other lets you grab a second Dominator.

What old CCG's you got Dust?..... I got Dune, Lord of the Rings, and World of Warcraft I am thinking of trying to get rid of. That will leave my Star Wars and a couple of magic decks I think.

Asking that was a bad idea...you ready?

• On the Edge: I'm keeping these. It's fast, fun, and was partially developed by alumni of my college and the other one in town. Take the Over the Edge RPG setting and pretend that the players are arch-conspirators manipulating everyone, even the ruler of Al Amarja herself! Seriously, any RPG fan should check Over the Edge out- it's an awesome setting.
  • Legend of the Five Rings: It's fun, but it's really heavy, and I bought War of Honor as a standalone means of revisiting it, so the rest can go. Maybe some open format player will give me something for the Ancestral Sword cards (which are still collector's items). Great setting, a standalone 2 player set is worth the purchase.
  • Heresy: A sad case. The card art was amazing and dripping with theme. The setting was awesome- a computer genius breaks the wall between the real world and the digital one, causing Armageddon in the process. As a result, the angels fall from heaven and the devils to escape hell and come to Earth. The players are essentially building a digital Stairway to Heaven :P It deserves an RPG setting of its own- it's sort of like Exalted mixed with Blade Runner. Sadly, the gameplay is basically Magic on two fronts. Might keep a handful of cards with artwork I really like.
  • Wildstorms: Not a bad game at its core, but it had some major rules issues. Fliers and characters with built-in projectiles ruled it. I'll probably keep a few of the promo cards; the rest can go. There's also a decent solo variant that's sort of a dungeon hack that actually works.
  • Star Wars CCG (Decipher): Played it a couple of times with cards given to me. Never captured my attention but it seemed like it was pretty good. It all goes.
  • Hyborian Gates: Unplayable; one faction completely dominates the rest, assuming we were playing it right to begin with. Came with neat little pyramids you punched out and assembled that were useful for a lot of other games. I will basically be selling it as a Boris Vallejo/Julie Bell trading card set- that's their only value.
  • Young Jedi: someone else's cast-offs. Never played it. It goes.
  • Ultimate Combat: a store owner gave them to me. Other than "movement" cards enhancing or reducing damage based on your opponent's use of the same, this game is a Magic clone (straight up clone- even Heresy has several distinct elements that differentiate it) Other than using one card with On the Edge's Copyright Violation, it's gone.
  • Overpower: Got a bunch of this. It's actually a solid, if simple game- it's sort of like a cross between War and draw poker. Probably going to sell it- apparently people still play it even though it's long-dead.
  • Spellfire: Sis had these, mostly for the card art. We tried to play and it felt like a weird 2 player solitaire game. They are gone.
  • Raw Deal: Card gaming and rasslin', surprisingly, can work together. It started out as a nice, somewhat light game with a simple, clever damage mechanic. Then the second expansion hit and they started adding a secondary sideboard deck and other unnecessary junk that clogged the gameplay up. It goes.
  • The original, pre-movie Middle Earth CCG: I have a deck of The Lidless Eye expansion (you play as Ringwraiths). Never quite got the hang of it but it seemed like a pretty solid game. It goes.
  • The girlfriend owns a couple of the My Little Pony CCG starters. It's not a half-bad game, actually. She plans to keep them.

It did..... just after magic hit it big EVERYTHING got a card game ;)

Yyyyep. Austin Powers even got one. To be fair, the Austin Powers CCG would've been a great non-collectible game- it's quite silly and can be fun if you like the movies.