Off Topic Playground

Ooh, I just had a thought - I have four whole points to spend on 'bob', don't I?

What should I buy... a barely passable talent in something like perception and tactics, or just shove my rifle up to d10 d12 d2?

I didn't miss a huge amount last time, and there's probably more useful talents than just being able to hit everything I aim at. Unless Jamie remembers that missing means whatever is behind gets hit too!

Wait, scrap that, I just read the advancement rules. I can get a d2 in two things I don't have, that's all I can afford lol. Though after next session I could make myself smarter than my own shoes with 6 points!

Edit: No, i can't. Reading comprehension fail...

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues with the advancement system. I'm going to have to actually try to figure it out tomorrow when I'm not dealing with an injured dog or family fun stuff. It's really unfair to out those two in the same light as inconveniences... Family fun time is usually pretty fun.

Character creation is built around three modes, which give you your stats, and five aspects, which give you the character concept. What's fun is that while Modes have mechanical things to them, the aspects are completely made by the players, and you don't have to pick them all at the beginning. If a plane is about to crash and you have an aspect that's not picked, you can choose to become an expert pilot on the spot, lol. Or if you're missing equipment, you can decide that a relevant aspect means that you brought it along.

"There's a tank. Did you bring a missile launcher?"

'Nope...'

'I did! I'm the foremost field agent for weapons testing, of course I have one with me!'

Why get resin bases? If you were truly keeping to the theme you should just make them out of ice!

You could even flavour the ice so you can have a snack while you play.....

That does sound like an interesting system Ed.

Lol, nice idea!

I just like resin bases as I am a lazy so and so when it comes to basing!

I think I'm going to paint him to represent snow more than Ice...just have the odd spike or two as icy ice!

He's got a  ruptured disk in his back and his hind legs don't work right now, so in order for him to get better he's confined to a rather small crate. He's never been kenneled a day in his life, and now he's stuck in one all the time, and he's frustrated because he can't move his back legs. if I were in his shoes, I'd cry too. He's going to have to be in there for the next six weeks. If he's not better at the end of those six weeks, he either gets a set of training wheels, or we have to put him down. He's in great shape aside from his back considering he's an 11 year old dog.